Chapter 10

I awake with someone slightly nudging my shoulder with their hand. "Hey Chris I don't wanna freak you out or anything, but we totally didn't set an alarm and team breakfast is in a solid 3 minutes." I'm out of bed and scrambling for acceptable breakfast attire within seconds. This kicks her into gear as she starts searching as well and finally just pulls out a random shirt and shorts since the curtain still being closed doesn't allow any light in.

Once we both get clothes and brush our hair we are booking it to the elevator. We enter the breakfast room and a few heads turn our direction. Notably Kelley's who whispers something to Sonnett causing her to look as well. "Yo nice shorts Tobs didn't know you changed numbers." It was Ashlyn who yelled it from her corner table shared with Ali, Pinoe, Alyssa, Tierna, and Abby. Anyone who hadn't been looking now stared at both of us. Only then did both of us look down and see that she was in my shorts with the number 23 big and bold on the front.

Tobin's face morphs into a face of shock. "Shit I'm so sorry Chris! It was super dark and you know we were rushing. I'll give them back to you after breakfast!" Her embarrassed outburst only spurs more attention as Rose pipes up with, "Walk of shame ladies walk of shame." Both of our faces must look horrified based on the laughs that follow. "No guys... that's not... we just forgot to set an alarm last night." Ash once again speaks up saying, "I was Chris's roommate last time and I can safely say that girl never forgot to set her alarm. Must've been pretty distracted with what... or who she was doing." Ali immediately swats Ashlyn on the arm harshly causing her to yelp. Tobin bites her lip and looks at me clearly trying to get me to say anything to get us out of this.

Alex must've sensed neither of us had a rebuttal because she comes to our defense pretty quickly. "Guys come on neither of them have that post sex glow." Kelley surprisingly comes to our defense as well, "Yeah I've seen Chris's post sex glow and this is not it." The room goes silent as everyone looks at Kelley. "Wait no I didn't mean! No babe! Emily come back! Em I just meant I've come back to our old dorm after it!" By the end she's out the door chasing after her girlfriend who had left after the first phrase.

"Okay but you guys didn't actually hook up did you?" We both vigorously shake our heads no before Tobin says, "Come on Alex you know I don't kiss and tell." Her tones a little snarky and she walks away right after saying it. "What'd she mean by that?" Alex's gaze is locked on Tobin as she whispers, "No clue. Probably just about our spin the bottle kiss."

The rest of breakfast goes by without any incidents as do the following three days. Everything is peaceful until...

"ALEX WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID WITH ME TO TOBIN?" Exactly what she did to Kelley... Alex slept with Kelley... So does that mean...?

"SHIT KELLEY NOT SO LOUD! No it wasn't like you I didn't love her like I loved you. It was one time and I was just fucking sad because you decided to move on which you had every right to do. Please Kell know I felt awful after."

"SO YOU JUST WENT AND FUCKED TOBIN TO DEAL WITH IT? Thought you and Tobin have always just been just friends Lex. That's what you told Chris at least. God Lex I swear to god if this is the reason Tobs has the hots for you and not Chris I'll kill you."

The last sentence hangs in the air long enough for me to back out of the locker room and sprint down the corridor. Tears fill my eyes as I get farther and farther away. I push through the bathroom door and collapse on the floor. "Woah woah Chris what's wrong?" Of course the world decided to say 'f you' and let Tobin be here right now. She drops to her knees next to me and hugs me tightly.

My sobs increase to the point where I'm gasping for air. "Hey hey Chris please breathe. Try to follow my breathing pattern okay?" She guides my hand up to her chest and holds it there and begins taking deep breaths. "Good you're doing so good Chris." Even though I'm steadily breathing now the comment shoots right through me and makes my breath hitch. "Now what's wrong?"

"I'm not meant to know Tobs I'm sorry you probably didn't want me finding out, but I heard Kelley and Alex screaming at each other in the locker room and I couldn't help but listen. K-Kelley was yelling at Alex because apparently she slept with you, and, and she did that to Kelley too except it happened more with Kell."

Tanned arms tense around me and it's Tobin's breath that stops working this time. "Alex... she slept with Kelley too?" "Tobs I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hear it and I'm just sorry." Our positions change and now it's me with my arms wrapped around her while her heads buried in my shoulder. "I'm telling her."

"What?" Tobin lifts her head and looks me in the eyes. "I'm telling Alex. She deserves to feel guilty about making me have feelings for her for all these years. Plus there's not gonna be a friendship to fuck up anymore." I rub her back and try to come up with something to say. This is so wrong I didn't want Alex to totally break her heart. Tobin should've been able to tell Alex on her own time and then just been able to move on. She shouldn't of gotten this hurt.

"If that's what you want to do then I'll be here for you okay?" "Will you do it too? I need you to be brave with me." This time she fully detaches herself from me. "What do you mean do it too?" She plays with her lip in between her teeth before elaborating. "I know this is a lot to ask but can you tell your girl how you feel when I tell mine? I can't explain it but it'd make me feel less alone."

Realistically this shouldn't be a hard request. I can just fake a broken heart after "telling Kelley" how I feel, but I don't want that. Maybe it's time to tell my actually girl how I feel.

"Okay I'll tell my girl and you tell yours."