Chapter 13

Somehow I end up in Tobin's bed with her arm wrapped around me while I cuddle into her side. We mutually decide to watch She's the Man and stay quiet throughout most of it. My body shows my anxiousness though and I keep fidgeting. "Chris what's up you keep moving?"

"Can I have some advice?" Nows definitely the time to use that great advice Kelley gave me about using Tobin's own advice on her.

"Sure I'll pause the movie." She reaches over to the remote and quickly pauses the tv. "Now what do you need advice from the great Tobin Heath on?"

"You did not just refer to yourself in third person."

"The great Tobin Heath does what the great Tobin Heath wants!"

We both burst out laughing and it helps calm my nerves a little.

"Back to business I do really need the great Tobin Heath right now." I clear my throat and start fiddling with the strings on my shorts. "If it were you would you wanna know?"

Her grip tightens a bit before loosening again. "Be more specific." A hand comes to rest on top of mine making me look up towards her. She has a soft smile with an even softer gaze. "Just if it were you would you want to know how I feel? Since you know you like someone else and so does Kelley."

Seconds pass by before she answers, "Yeah I would. I think it's always better to be honest with people and I'd appreciate it and I'm sure Kelley would as well."

"But what if it's awkward and I lose her as a friend?"

"Nothing like that would ever make you lose someone as a friend, especially Kelley. She'll probably just make a few jokes at your expense and then forget about it. As long as you're normal she'll be normal."

"What would you do though. What if Kelley doesn't crack jokes? Wouldn't you feel awkward?"

Tobin pauses again for a few seconds. "No I wouldn't feel awkward at all. I know your friendship with Kelley isn't totally the same as ours, but I'd never feel awkward or uncomfortable around you."

That's a relief. She is saying this though without realizing I actually do like her. It'll probably be way different when she actually knows.

"I don't want anything to change between us, Kelley and I that is."

Tobin just nods and I know she understands.

"If it were me nothing would change you know?"

I tense up. Shit she so totally knows doesn't she? Why else would she say something like that?

"Sorry I didn't word that right or finish my thought really. If it were me nothing would change so I doubt it will for Kelley either."

My body relaxes into her again and I decide to just let her absentmindedly play with my fingers. We both end up dozing off pretty quickly.

The following morning the news of the rooftop plan has already spread and all of the team knows except Tobin of course.

Different groups have come up to me and wished my luck. Even Becky and Carli came up and gave me some encouraging pats on the back. Camp seems to go by too fast and so does dinner.

Now it's just us back in the hotel room finishing up She's the Man while we wait for the time to pass. This time I'm on my own bed scrolling through my phone and texting Kelley.

You should totally kiss her on the rooftop ;)

Kelley wth I can't do that!

Why not it'd be romantic Pressy. I'm sure Tobin's secretly a hopeless romantic under all those layers of chill ness.