Chapter 12: Valentine in the woods

Weeks later

"Did you apply to college?" I ask Sam. We're sitting in my living room watching a movie and eating popcorn.

"Yes, acceptance letters should be arriving in the next few weeks," Sam answers. "I hope I get in. Can't way to get the hell away from my house. I don't want to leave my sister there, though."

"What college did you apply to?" I ask again curiously. If he's eager to get away from his house, I don't think he applied to nearby colleges.

"I'll tell you if I actually get in," Sam answers, like always leaving me at bay, without knowing anything.

"You're always so secretive. You never tell me anything," I pout. He just laughs at me and kisses my forehead.

"What do you want for Saturday?" Sam asks, changing the subject. Valentine's Day is on Saturday and he's been trying to get me to tell him what I want as a gift. But the truth is, I don't want anything.

"Nothing," I simply answer.

"Come on!! Don't make it hard for me," Sam whines.

"I'm fine with just spending the day with you. You're all I need," I smile.

"You're so frustrating sometimes," he sighs frustratedly. "Any other girl would have asked me for something expensive, or jewelry or something."

I laugh at him, putting my arms around his neck and pressing my lips against his. Kissing him is always the best part of my day.

"Come play with me," Lisa interrupts us, pulling on Sam's jacket.

"Lisa, he already played with you," I tell her. She can be so annoying sometimes.

"But I want to play again," she whines childishly.

"It's fine," Sam assures me as he stands up to go play with my sister. "Let's go play."

------------------ FLAMES ----------------

"Where are you taking me?" I ask Sam nosily for the fifth time. He's leading me through a trail in the woods.

"Stop asking. I'm not telling you," he answers.

"Ugh! You know I don't like surprises," I whine.

"I would not be walking in the woods in the middle of the night, freezing my ass off trying to surprise you, if you had just told me what you wanted," he states.

"I don't like Valentine's day. I would've been fine doing nothing," I tell him.

"Well, this is the first year I have a girlfriend in Valentine's, so I wanted to go through the whole cheesy experience," he admits. I swear he's so corny sometimes, it's like he's not even the same person.

"God! You're more into this Valentine's stuff than a girl. I didn't picture you as a romantic," I tease him.

"Shut up!" he says jokingly.

We keep walking deeper and deeper into the woods. This is giving me the creeps. I just hope he remembers the way back. I hate the woods because there are all kinds of bugs, and I hate insects.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"What does it look like?" Sam answers in a duh tone. "I'm covering your eyes, so it's even more of a surprise. Just trust me." I let him guide me all the way up until we finally come to a stop and he takes the fold off my eyes.

"Happy Valentine's Day. You said you were fine with just me, so technically that's what you get, but in an updated scenery," he laughs.

"This place is beautiful. How did you find it?" I ask him, staring in awe at the huge waterfall in front of me. Sam set up this place really nice. There are candles light up in the ground and a blanket with a basket I assume has food. There is also a huge stuffed tiger with a pack of Dove Dark Chocolates, my favorites. I smile staring at the stuffed tiger, getting his pun, as that is mostly what he used to call me when we first met.