Chapter 14: Car accident Part 2

Sam grabs me from the back, pulling me away from Lucy, the girl from the street race and keeping me from hitting her again. Her nose is bleeding; I think I broke it, but I ain't sorry, she deserves more than a simple broken nose.

"What the fuck is going on with you today?" Sam asks exasperatedly.

"Are you seriously asking me that? What's wrong with me today is that your girlfriend here almost killed my father. First, she crashes YOUR CAR into my dad's, almost killing him and second, she left him bleeding to death on the street," I answer agitatedly. "That's without counting the fact that you knew about my father's accident and didn't tell me, and now you're defending her." 

Sam's expression changes to what appears to be confusion. "That was your dad?" he asks shocked.

"I can't believe you would do this," I tell him disappointed and hurt, my voice cracking a little. Lucy hasn't said a word and she looks shocked same as Sam and Lola.

"Wait," Sam grabs my hand, keeping me from walking away. "I had no idea the person hurt was your dad, I swear to God. You have to believe me."

"Why should I believe anything you say? You're rarely honest and you're hiding her here in your bedroom when she should be in prison. What she did was a hit and run and she almost killed my father," I respond angrily. "You have no idea how distressed I was when I heard my father was hurt and more still, how angry I got when I realized it was her who caused everything and you knew about it."  

"I'm really, really sorry, but you have to believe me, I had no idea about your father. You know I would never do anything to hurt you or your family," he answers. It does feel he's being honest. By now, Lucy has cleaned up her nose and has stopped bleeding. Neither her or Lola has said anything yet.

"Sam, we have a bigger problem now," Lola finally speaks, panic taking over her face. Sam gives her a look like he doesn't get what she's trying to tell him, so she adds, "her father."

"My father?" I ask, confused.

"Fuck!" Sam curses.

"Can someone just please explain what the hell is going on," I tell them agitatedly.

"Well, you must have heard that my father is really dangerous... that he's a killer, and well..." Lola starts explaining.

"Killer?" I interrupt her shocked.

"Lola, don't! Shut your damn mouth," Sam tells her threateningly.

"You were the one who brought her into this mess," Lola states.

"But this doesn't concern you," Sam says raising his voice.

"Right now it does, because she is standing right here in this house," Lola points out.

"Samuel was planning on killing your father so he wouldn't go talking to the police about the incident and it wouldn't lead them to me or to him and his family," Lucy explains, cutting off Sam and Lola's fighting. 

"Oh My God!" I mutter unbelievingly, processing all of this.

"I'm really, really sorry. There were some guys after me and I was trying to lose them and that's when I crashed into your father. I didn't mean to, I swear," she apologizes. "And I promise you, I will talk with Samuel. Nothing is going to happen to your father."

"So wait, you guys just kill people whenever you feel like- whenever you get yourselves in trouble?" I ask Sam, horrified. "Is this like the family hobby or something?"

"No, it's not like that. I can explain," Sam tells me stepping forward, but I take a step back.

"You once said you had to do things you didn't like because you were pressured by your family. Was this what you were referring to?" I ask again. I can't believe this. But I'm the one to blame because everyone warned me, even Sam, but I just wouldn't listen.