Chapter 22: Awkward

"Let me help you," Luke offers to grab my books. 

"Thank you," I thank him as we walk towards the classroom. Once we get there, I sit down and he puts the books down on my desk. Then, he leaves for his class, leaving me to die of boredom in this class. This is the last week of school, so the teachers aren't giving us much homework or class. I just sit and listen to the teacher talk about her personal life- what she's going to do during summer break. The rest of the day is pretty much the same- listening to teachers' stories about when they were in high school and about what they're gonna do during the break. At lunch, I eat with my friends and in the afternoon, after school, Sarah offers to give me a ride home.

"Thanks for the ride," I thank her when she drops me off at home.

"No problem," she replies. "If you need anything, and I mean anything, call me."

"I will, thank you."

I head inside and go directly to my bed. My body is still sore and I'm really tired. I take my phone out and hesitate to call Sam. I miss him. I don't agree with his decision of being apart. Why can't we just be together? Ugh! Being in love is confusing sometimes. I opt not to call him. Instead, I open the photos' app and start scrolling through old photos- remembering the old times. A lot has changed since last year. I was very close with my old friends, now I barely see them. Instead, I have new friends which are amazing. One of my new friends used to bully me at the beginning of the school year, I fell in love for the first time with a guy who was broken inside and whose dad was a drug dealer, and I almost died. This has been a hell of a year. I hear my mom and my sister get home, so I head down to greet them. My sister jumps into my arms when she sees me.

"Hi," I greet her, kissing her and lifting her up.

"I missed you," she says in her childish voice.

"Me too, kiddo."

My mom brought food, so we sit down in the living room and eat while watching T.V. After that, I head upstairs and bathe before going to sleep.

------------------ FLAMES ------------------

"Luke's looking for you," Jake tells me when he spots me in the school's hallway.

"Where is he?" I ask him.

"He's in the football field," he answers. "I'll go with you."

"Okay," I respond as we start to head towards the field.

 Why would Luke be looking for me? We've been talking a lot lately, just like before, when I first met him. He broke up with Bella about two months ago and he's been happier since then, even though his parents have been giving him hell about it. His friendship with Sam has grown too and he's excited about Sarah graduating; I guess you could say everything is working out for him just fine. Jake wanted to accompany me because he knew what awaited me and he wanted to see the look on my face. Luke is standing in the middle of the football field with some of the guys from the football team, each one holding a cardboard with a word written on it. Together they read, 'Amanda Cole, will you go to Prom with me?'

Luke walks towards me and hading me a white rose asks the same thing written on the cardboards, "Amanda Cole, will you go to Prom with me?" 

I stutter, not really knowing what to answer, "uhm... u-uhm..."

"I know is unexpected, but I knew I wanted to go with you ever since I first met you," he confesses. 

Oh My God! What do I say to that? It's not like I have anyone else to go with since Sam has made it clear he's staying away from me. But what I don't know is, did Luke and Sam talked about it? Was Sam okay with this? If I say yes, I feel like I'm cheating on Sam even though we're not together. But... Sam has a new girlfriend, so there's no need for me to be thinking about this, right? I swear to God, these boys are gonna drive me crazy.