009

The smile never leaves my lips. I don't know what has gotten to me my lips never get tired forming a smile. At the same time, I feel so light and lively.

"You're slowly turning into a smiling machine, Azzelle." I frowned when I heard that from Yvon.

"Don't mind me, Yvon. Just do your job." He chuckled after hearing my reply. 

"As much as I want to do that. I can't. Your smile giving me the creeps. I'm okay with your stoic expression." I rolled my eyes. I know he is just teasing me.

"Whatever, Yvon. Just close your eyes if you don't want to see my smile. I'm just happy." He pats my head as if I am a puppy.

"I'm just kidding. Go smile as you want. I am happy seeing you happy like that." I avoided his eyes. Because his expression was giving me a bothering feeling. He looks like he's faking it. I know him for too long. Yvon's eyes bothered me. It has pain and anger emotion that glisten in his eyes. 

I suddenly remembered what I heard between him and Dr. Sid. "Yvon can I ask something?" He nodded and gestured for me to ask him.

"Are you hiding something from me?" He looks surprised when heard my question but later on, he become serious. He stops what he is doing and gives his all attention to me. 

"What do mean by that? You know me very well, Azzelle. Lying to you is the last thing I'll do while breathing on this planet. Did I do something that bothers you? Tell me," That's the problem, Yvon, I know you very well that's why I know there's something wrong.

 "I trust you, Yvon. Don't make me regret it." 

"If ever I am hiding something, Azzelle. Trust me because all I did and going to do in the future is for your sake." I saw how he was deeply hurt by the words which made me feel bad. 

I took a heaved sigh and nodded. "Okay, I am sorry for doubting you." 

"It's okay. Please, just trust me, Azzelle..." I'm sure there is something that they're hiding from me. I heard them. 

"Are you okay?" That question made me snap into reality. I am with Jazxer we are sitting on the bench in the garden. It's already evening but because of lamp posts in the area, it's still bright. Dextrose is attached to me. I placed my head on his shoulder. My eyes automatically closed when I feel his lips land on the side of my head. 

"Yes, I am." I'm just confused. 

"But you seemed distracted." I opened my eyes and look up at the sky. The moon and stars are too bright and the sky looks like a calm sea above. 

"I'm sorry. I'm just thinking about something. What are we talking about again?"

"I said I love you." I forced myself to stop smiling.

"I love you too." He smiled at me and hold my hand.

"It's like music to my ears hearing you saying that you love me." I chuckled.

"Hmm, Jazxer..." I called him but my eyes were still on the sky. 

"Yes?."

"Do you know Yvon?"

"Yvon? Your nurse? Yes, I know him because you once told me things about him. Why?  It looks like something bothering you?" I shook my head.

"Nothing... He is my friend. Only friend in this hospital before you came into my life. Do you think he'll do things that will be going to disappoint me?" I can't stop thinking about what I heard. 

"You should trust him, Azzelle. He's been with you for too long. And the way you talked about him before. I feel like he is something that'll protects you no matter what. So trust him." Jazxer's words made me feel so bad for doubting Yvon. I should trust him. But knowing Yvon I am sure it's something to protect me. "What made you feel like that?" he added. I decided to divert our topic. I looked at Jazxer we are both now having dextrose on our wrists.