Chapter 3 - Business

"Did you see the text that Professor Cerise sent us?" Goh asked Ash, who shook his head. "No, what happened?" He asked, pulling out his Rotom Phone. They were waiting in line to scan their tickets in order to board the plane, and Professor Cerise had just sent them the information regarding Steven.

"No way," Ash muttered under his breath. "Steven went missing?" Goh nodded and furrowed his eyebrows. "I wonder what happened. Hopefully, it's nothing too serious," he whispered to himself. Ash scratched the back of his head, his mind racing, and his eyes darting across the page.

But... it's Steven, Ash thought to himself, perplexed. He's really strong. How do you go missing even if you're that strong? His thoughts were interrupted by the worker yelling, "Next in line please!" He pulled out his ticket alongside Goh and approached them.

Scanning their ticket, the front desk worker directed them to their plane, which was minutes from taking off. Finding their seats next to an old gentleman with an Espurr in his lap, Ash and Goh spoke to each other about Steven.

"Last time I saw him, he was in Kalos with an old friend of mine," Ash explained to Goh, who was curious as to why Ash was so lost in thought when he read the text. "So you got to see how strong he was?" Goh asked curiously, setting his bag down next to his seat. Ash nodded and whispered, "He's one of the best trainers I know."

Goh frowned and stared down the aisle blankly. "I guess it can't be helped," he sighed, feeling down. "Why don't we just focus on what we came here to do for the time being, which is to do some research on the Moomoo Milk." Ash nodded and put on a smile, realizing Goh was right. He hated seeing his friends in danger, but they needed to have an optimistic outlook at the moment.

"So, about the Moomoo Milk. I bet it tastes like a sweet treat, almost like a Casteliacone!" exclaimed Goh. "What about you? I bet you're more excited than me to taste it." Ash reflected on Goh's question, not sure what to say about it, but he knew that the last time he had it in Alola, it had been one of the most savory things he'd ever tasted.

But that was in Alola; his friends there had told him the taste varied drastically from region to region, so he responded to Goh with a hint of excitement and impatience, "I'm not exactly sure what it'll taste like, but it'll probably be really good!"

Pikachu, who was also sitting on Ash's lap like the old gentleman's Espurr, perked his ears, excited to try the milk. Pikachu had always liked the foods Ash tried, as he usually fed him whatever he was eating. But, for Pikachu, there was not a single food or drink in the world that could beat ketchup.

The old gentleman sitting next to them turned to them, clearly taking an interest in their conversation. "Are you two young men visiting the Moomoo Farm as well?" His gray mustache moved as he spoke, complementing his formal brown attire. Goh began speaking, "Yeah, we're visiting to research the effect that a Miltank's diet has on the taste of its milk, and how the nutrie-"

Goh was then interrupted by Ash, who interrupted Goh by saying, "What he's trying to say is that we're going to see how delicious it is." Goh sighed, then began quietly laughing, both puzzled and amused by his friend's behavior. The old gentleman smiled at the chemistry between the two of the young trainers and stared solemnly out the window onto the vast blue sea.

"I'm glad young people still take interest in our farm... it's been a while since we've gotten any visitors," whispered the old gentleman. Ash and Goh looked at each other, confused. "Our?" they both said in unison. Goh was the first to question the elder, asking, "Do you own the Moomoo Farm, sir?" In response, the old gentleman continued to stare out the window, unaware that he was being asked a question.

The Espurr that sat on his lap started meowing at her trainer, trying to get his attention. "I know Espie, I know. I'll answer their question," he sighed, taking off his brown fedora. "Sorry for rudely ignoring you, my name is Frank, and this is my partner Espie." The cat-like Pokemon make a small meow, likely as a greeting.