Chapter 30 - Planning

"Did it happen?"

"I think it did."

"What are you two talking about?"

"The crystals, they've been reconnected."

"Finally, it took long enough."

"Mesprit, don't be like that. We should be glad they even met up again."

"I know, I know. It's just, why couldn't we rejoin the crystals ourselves again?"

"You know why. It requires a strong bond."

"Yes, I know that. But why were they crucial? I could see how the boy could be, but not her."

"That boy is Ash! How can you not remember his braveness when we fought against Team Galactic?"

"Must've crossed my mind."

"Stop bickering, we need to address the situation."

"What situation? You said it yourself, Uxie, this is a good thing!"

"Yes, but we must ensure that they use the crystal correctly. If all goes wrong, then the same incident that happened in Rustboro City could occur globally."

"And how are we even supposed to do that? What happened in Rustboro City wasn't even our fault! And besides, we can't even interact with them until we have enough energy to return to linear time and space."

"Mesprit is right! Teleporting beyond the normal realm took a lot of energy. How are we supposed to help them if we can't even touch or see them!"

"We may not be able to interact with them directly, but we can influence them in other ways."

"Like what? Last I checked, there isn't a single force that can reach through into the regular world."

"I'm not talking about a tangible force. I'm talking about emotions; they can reach across even the most distorted space and time."

"Is it willpower? 'Cause Ash has a lot of that!"

"Maybe it's sympathy. I can tell that the girl has an abundance of it."

"I know you two have preferences for people with certain attributes. I myself am guilty of doing this."

"Is it that other boy? He seemed very astute and knowledgeable at the lake."

"Perhaps. But, that is beside the point. The emotion I am referring to is love in its purest form. That is what can break through all odds."

"Love? Like caring for others?"

"I think he's talking about love in affection, wise guy."

"Both of you are neither correct nor wrong. Love can come in many different forms, some unrequited, some unconditional, and some everlasting."

"That's a lot of forms. Which one are you talking about?"

"Mutual love. One that is shared between two entities."

"And how exactly does this apply to us in any way?"

"Yeah. What does this even have to do with Ash?"

"Although they may not realize it, Ash and the girl have a mutual love for each other. I believe that we can communicate with them by accessing that love for each other and attempting to enlighten them on the matter."

"Is that even possible? Using someone's love for another person to communicate with them?"

"Wouldn't we need a super-strong force of energy to even communicate from the beyond?"