Chapter 47 - Mixing

"Zat was a beautifully crafted performance by ze wonderful Anais!" Monsieur Pierre announced as the audience clapped for the performer that had just done her routine. She and her Flabebe had used flower designs to create a garden right on the stage, which shocked Goh and Chloe.

"Wow!" Chloe exclaimed. "How did she even do that with her Flabebe?" Goh nodded and answered, "I have no idea. It seemed like the Performer used different moves in Flabebe's moveset to create something completely different from a normal move!"

Chloe smiled and shrugged. "Whatever it was, it was beautiful!" She stated, as Monsieur Pierre, who had introduced himself at the beginning of the Showcase, walked back to the front of the stage as Anais and Flabebe took their leave. The tall, blonde-haired gentleman bowed, exuding nothing but royalty and chivalry, as he began speaking about the Showcase.

"It is so wonderful to see so many faces here tonight to experience ze joy and wonder zat ze Showcases have to offer!" He announced, earning cheers and applause from the audience. Goh leaned over to Chloe and whispered, "This guy sure has a lot of energy," earning a small giggle from Chloe.

Goh stared at Chloe a bit longer before turning back to the stage. He felt a warm feeling in his chest and thought, Why? What am I feeling? He swiftly pulled out his phone and began looking up his symptoms of a queasy stomach before getting his attention drawn back to Monsieur Pierre announcing the next Performance.

"Up next, we have ze alluring Miette and her Slurpuff!" He announced with glamour and pizzazz. "Miette's up next," Goh noted, watching as the blue-haired waved pompously to the audience as she walked out onto the stage. "Hopefully she's not too affected by the fake Ser-" He stopped himself to correct his wording. "Sorry. Too affected by S to perform well," he said after clearing his throat.

It is a little weird that there is a whole other Serena out there, Chloe thought to herself. "We'll figure it all out, Goh," Chloe said, assuring a confused and nervous Goh. "I hope we do," he responded, feeling more uneasy about the whole situation. "I mean, there's a clone of Serena and we're not telling her. Why?"

Chloe huffed and retorted, "We can tell her whenever she's feeling better about Ash. Right now if she knows about something like this, it'll be too much for her to think about!" Goh crossed his arms and said, "She wouldn't be feeling bad about Ash if she knew the truth about the situation. Why are you even trusting Miette? It's obvious she's got something up her sleeve!"

Chloe opened her mouth to respond, but nothing came out. Goh's right, she admitted to herself. Why am I putting my trust in Miette? It's not like I've known her my whole life or something, like Goh. She simply sighed and said, "Look. I know it's weird that I'm just immediately trusting this person, but I just have a gut feeling about this." Goh rolled his eyes and thought to himself, She's starting to sound like Ash with these gut feelings.

"If you can just trust me, then I'm positive this situation will turn out for the better. Please?" Chloe pleaded, earning a small groan from Goh. "Fine!" he exclaimed, giving in to defeat. "But if Miette hurts any one of us in any way from now on, my trust in your gut feeling is gone and I'm dealing with everything on my own. Deal?" He stuck out his hand as he said this offer.

Chloe looked at Goh's hand and took it. "Deal!" She said affirmatively, shaking his hand and sealing the deal with each other. She was extremely confident that she was right regarding Miette's true nature, so her fear that Goh may be right was nearly nonexistent. An older woman turned around in the seat in front of them and whispered aggressively, "Can you two lovebirds keep it down! This young lady is about to perform!"

"O-Oh!" Goh exclaimed, beginning to blush slightly. "We're not l-lovebirds!" Chloe added, trying to hide her embarrassment. The old woman just chuckled and turned around to where Miette was on stage, in pose to begin her Showcase. Both Goh and Chloe awkwardly turned towards the stage, feeling horrified about the exchange between them and the old woman that just unfolded.