Ch. 16 - CONDITION TERMINAL

Harlow's outfit

Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

🎭 Condition Terminal 🎭

Jordan laid on his couch flipping over a queen of hearts card over and over. He flipped it over again but the face changed, instead of it looking like the normal queen of hearts, the queen now looked very similar to Harlow making him stare at it.

It flipped it over again a couple times and the face still looked like Harlow making him think back to a few nights before.

*** "You're going to do a magic trick?" Jordan asked as Harlow messed with a lighter making her chuckle, "No... But you are." She said and Jordan raised his eyebrows. "I only know one trick, and it's with a playing card." He said while nodding to the deck of card they were just playing with making her smile and grab a card, "Want me to show you?" He asked and she smirked.

"Let me guess, is it this?" She asked making the card disappear through her fingers before making it reappear and he chuckled. "You know card tricks?" He asked and she smiled, "How else do you think I kept my spastic ADHD filled brother entertained when he was a kid? Now this trick involves a lighter and your hand." She said and he chuckled and raised his eyebrows.

"This is sounding less like a magic trick and more like assault." He said and she chuckled and shrugged, "It's a little dangerous, yes. But it's not as bad as being lit on fire in a Deputy Sheriff's car... Which, mind you, you walked away from completely unscathed." She said and he shook his head and smiled.

"Not entirely! I had to pay for the uniform." He said and she laughed and rolled her eyes, "Give me your hand." She said holding her hand out. He stared at her for a moment before placing his hand on top of her's. "I think I've seen something like this in a movie..." He said as she made him hold his and out with his palm facing down.

"Lawrence of Arabia." Harlow said almost instantly, "We watched it in the beginning of summer." She said and he nodded slowly as she held the lighter up. "Remind me what the trick was?" He asked and she smiled, "Not minding." She said before flicking the lighter on.