Ch. 18 - REQUIRED READING

Harlow's outfits

Chapter Eighteen 🎭 Required Reading 🎭

Chapter Eighteen
🎭 Required Reading 🎭

"Arms up, like this." Harlow said holding Lydia's arms in position as she nodded, "You can block attacks to your face and your head while always keeping your eyes on your enemy." Jordan said from where he stood off to the side. Harlow and Jordan had moved furniture in the loft and put down a large mat that Harlow has had since her self-defense training and a few other work out equipment.

"Ready?" Harlow asked and Lydia nodded. Harlow threw a punch that Lydia blocked, before throwing another one that Lydia also blocked. Harlow went to kick Lydia's good side making Lydia try to block her which made her distracted. Harlow lightly punched Lydia's shoulder making Lydia sigh frustratingly.

"It's all right. You're not going to be perfect after only a few tries. It took me months to fully learn everything, you're doing just fine for only doing this for few hours." Harlow said Lydia took a deep breath before turning to Harlow again, "I'm okay. Keep going." Lydia said making Harlow raise her eyebrows.

"You sure? Maybe we should stop after a few." Harlow said as Lydia caught her breath, "Why?" She asked. "I don't want your stitches to get ripped." Harlow said and Lydia shook her head, "They're fine." She said and Harlow raised her eyebrows in amusement. Lydia sighed before unzipping her jacket to show her gauze covered wound, "See? No blood." She said while taking her jacket off.

"Alright." Harlow said in a slightly chuckle as she glanced at Jordan who was already looking at her. "Ready when you are." Lydia said and Harlow nodded before throwing a punch that Lydia dodged. They threw a few punches at each other until Harlow grabbed Lydia's arm, spinning her around before pinning her arms down.

"What did you do wrong?" Harlow asked as Lydia took a couple deep breaths, "I forgot to keep my arms up." She said and Harlow nodded before letting her go. "Right." She said and Jordan nodded tightly, "But don't worry- your muscles have memory. With enough practice, they'll remember for you." He said and Harlow nodded and pointed at him.

Lydia suddenly winced slightly making Harlow look at her worriedly, "What's wrong? What is it?" She asked and Lydia took a deep breath. "Muscle memory." She said in a slightly whisper making Harlow nod slightly, figuring it was something banshee related.