Chapter 109

Guys I'm sorry it's late I promise it's still Monday UK time! :)

Auriga was tickling the keys on her piano, allowing the music to flow through her, smiling as she did. She was in a state of complete peace. It had been a few days since the last full moon, and she'd recovered nicely. And now she and Remus had a whole month before they had to endure it once more. A whole month of safety and health.

"Auriga!"

"Shit!"

"AURIGA!"

"Where is she?"

"I'm coming!" called Auriga, throwing herself down the stairs. She met Lee and Tonks on the landing, looking up at her.

"Are we going?" Lee demanded, before they were confronted by Fred, George, and Ginny on the next floor.

"Going where?" asked Auriga, still heading downstairs. Remus's head was poking out the little corridor with the war room and she followed him through, the crowd skittish behind her. "What's going on?" she demanded of the grave faces of Arthur, Molly, Remus, and Sirius.

"Harry, Ron, and Hermione are in Hogwarts," Sirius said quickly, and Auriga almost swore at their stupidity. "They're saying You-Know-Who's headed their way."

"We are going to fight?" asked George crossing his arms.

"We'll go to defend," Auriga corrected. "We don't have the numbers to fight."

"The whole Order's going!" protested Tonks, her eyes pleading.

"We can't not go!" said Fred.

"We're going!" Auriga half-shouted at them.

"Well, we need to hurry up then," said Arthur.

"Wait," said Auriga. "How are all of you going to get in?"

"There's a passage between Hogwarts and the Hog's Head," said Ginny quickly. "It's new, we used it all the time. I can show you."

"You're not going anywhere," said Molly, looking panicked and cross.

"We can't bloody well leave her here alone," hissed Auriga, already ushering Ginny towards the fireplace. "Everyone got wands?" They nodded, and Auriga stepped into the fireplace.

*****

"Granger, Weasley!" called Auriga, stepping into a room that looked and smelled like a dormitory. The bushy head and the ginger head scurried over, and Ron allowed his mother to embrace him. "Where's Harry? What's happening?"

"He's gone to look for Ravenclaw's diadem," Hermione quickly explained. "Everyone else wants to fight."

"Ravenclaw's lost diadem?" asked Auriga with a frown. Hermione paled and nodded. "Merlin's saggy, left-" She stopped herself, taking a deep breath. "Who's in charge? Who do we report to?"

"Harry's not back yet," said Hermione quickly.

"I'm not letting a seventeen year old organise the defence of a castle, regardless," said Auriga, who was now drawing the attention of the room. Attention she didn't want.

"There's McGonagall," suggested Ron with a shrug. That was more like it.

"I'll go and find her, then," said Auriga. "Where are we?" But before anyone could answer, Harry burst through the door at the far side. Remus and Sirius rushed forward, but didn't waste time in welcoming him.

"What's happening?" Remus demanded of him.

"We're gathering in the Great Hall!" Harry called to the room, "We're fighting!" There was a great roar of cheers as everyone ran towards the doors. Before Auriga could follow, somebody else tumbled through the portrait.