Part 1

TW: GORE, DEATH, CURSING

A/N: Tommy is 12. Wilbur and Techno are 18. There is no shipping in this! Trigger warnings will be before each chapter!

--3rd PERSON POV--

"Mom! I'm heading out with Betsy!" Tommy screamed out. He was giggling, while Betsy was tugging on his shirt. Signaling that she, Betsy, wanted to go. Betsy was a greyhound, she was skinny, but large. "Okay! Okay! Let's go, Betsy." Tommy said while opening the door. 

His mother then screamed out, "Goodbye!"

Betsy and Tommy ran through the town. There were busted-down buildings and broken town signs. There was also trash scattered throughout the area. Men trying to sell rotten apples and mothers yelling at their kids. Tommy didn't care though, he was used to it. So he just ran, all the way out into the forest. When passing into the forest he saw that the fisherman and hunters were walking back to the town. "Kid, it's getting late, what are you doing?" One fisherman asked while patting Tommy on the back. It caused the boy to wince. The fisherman noticed and pulled his hand back.

"I'm just going out to play before the sun sets!" Though Tommy wanted to play, that wasn't his only motive for getting out of the house. 

"Well don't come back too late, your mother might get mad." The fisherman chuckled and walked off. He then caught up with the others. Tommy just rolled his eyes. All the people who worked out in the wild headed home for the day. That meant Tommy and his dog got the forest to themselves.

The pair were running around, playing tag, hide and seek, any game you could think of. They played till all you could see were stars. Tommy fell back into the grass (which caused a sting to shiver down his spine) and looked into the sky. Betsy curled up next to him. He was smiling, but it soon faded. He knew he had to go back to his home now. Tommy hated his home. While he loved his mother, he hated his father. His father was mean and abusive. This was one of the reasons why he stayed out so late. The other reason is to play with his dog. He started humming, it was a song his mother sang to him. It made him smile. Tommy closed his eyes and just hummed, till a bang went off.

Both, Tommy and Betsy shot up. He could see black smoke rising in the sky. Distant screams could be made out. At first, Tommy was confused, but then he realized. Tommy started to cry, "No, no, no, no!" Tommy was sprinting back to his town. He curved his way throughout the forest, not watching where he was going. He fell on a branch, hitting his head. Blood stained his blonde hair, but adrenaline just kept him going. When he got back the town was engulfed in flames. At this point, all you could hear were the flames and the soldiers. Without thinking, Tommy ran into the town, and Betsy followed. He headed straight for his home.

When he got there, the house was burnt down. He rummaged through the pile and found something terrifying. His dead mother's body. The hair was crispy, the dress was ashed, the skin was burnt and little amounts of blood pooled from the body. Tommy fell to his knees, tears streamed down his face. Over his own sobs, he couldn't hear people walking behind him.

Tommy turned around. Betsy was growling at the soldiers. "YOU DID THIS! YOU BURNT THE TOWN!" Tommy's voice weakened and cracked. "You killed my mother!" The soldier snickered. Betsy lunged at the man, "NO! BETSY!" The man had no hesitation and slashed the dog. Betsy fell to the ground and whimpered. Tommy tried to go to his dog but was stopped by a blade. It barely missed his neck. 

The soldier bent down to Tommy and said "You're gonna watch me kill this dog, then I'm gonna kill you." Before Tommy could do anything, a sword was put through the dog. 

Tommy cried out "YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU'RE GONNA PAY!" The soldier snickered, again. 

The man turned to Tommy and chuckled "Your turn." He held out the sword and went to strike the blonde-headed boy. Tommy got out of the way in time. The sword hit the ground and he ran. He heard distant gallops. 'More soldiers?!' He thought.

--TECHNOBLADE'S POV--

The town is gone. Flames everywhere. I don't even hear screaming. Which means that no one is left. I signal my men to stop moving. Out of nowhere, I hear "YOU DID THIS! YOU BURNT THE TOWN!" A few more muffled screams came. I then signal my men to move in. As we got closer I could see a kid running. The kid was tall and looked around 14, he had long, fluffy blonde hair. His clothes had blood on them. They were dirty. The scrappy kid was running, tears pouring out his face. I looked behind him and a soldier was pointing a bow at him. I got off my horse and ran to the boy. I lunged in front of him and blocked the arrow.

The young boy looked up at me as he stumbled back and fell. His head hit the concrete and he was knocked out. Blood started to come from his head. I looked to my soldiers and gave them a signal to fight. Though the people who burned down the village, looked like they were retreating. They weren't even planning on fighting? Whatever, I don't care enough. I picked up the boy and ran back to my horse. Soon enough I saw Wilbur ride in on a horse. I waved to him, basically saying, 'come here.'

When Wilbur was at me, I gave him the boy and commanded, "Get him back to medical treatment right away, he is the only survivor as of now." Wilbur nodded his head and took the boy. I saw them ride off on a horse, and went back to my troops.

Words: 1018