Part 2

TW: SLIGHT GORE

A/N: Oh it's been a bit hasn't it. Sorry for taking so long.

--WILBUR'S POV--

This place is a mess. Everything is gone except broken building remains, burnt corpses, and a kid? Technoblade is carrying a kid in his hands? Techno seems to be motioning me to come to him. I do as he says and go to him, he drops the kid in my arms. He says something, but I can't focus on the words. This kid looks like he's about to die, he's bleeding out right in front of me. He's just barely breathing. After I hear the words from Techno's mouth come to a stop, I nod. I don't know what he just said. The kid curls into my arms and I can see his pained expression just before he hides his face in my chest. The first thing I think of is to take this boy back to the castle. 

The distance between this village and the town is quite a journey. It's the perfect town to attack if you want to cause trouble, but not face the wrath of the king. The village is far out from the castle, doesn't have many guards, and is incredibly poor. That's probably why this boy is the only one to survive. Though, how? How did this scrawny little boy survive? They had no mercy on the rest of the town, so why show mercy to him? They didn't show it to the other kids, the elders, the babies. My thoughts were stopped when I realized that I could not save this boy in time. I needed to save him, not just because I needed to know what happened that night, or why they spared him, but to bring hope that there was at least one survivor of this vicious attack.

If I wanted to save this boy I could not wait until I got back to the castle. On a horse, the castle and the village are around 30 minutes apart. It had already been around 3 minutes and I could tell he would not make it. It looked like he had 10 minutes left living. I don't know much about him, so I don't know how much willpower this kid has. Let's hope he has enough.

I turn to the nearest town. It was crowded, full of panicking people. Most likely panicking from the disturbance. This town wasn't that far from the village that got attacked. They were even more freaked out when they saw the prince ride in with a barely alive kid. I stopped and asked, "Does anyone know where I can find treatment for this young boy?" 

A young woman raised her hand. "I have medical supplies." Her voice was sweet and quiet. I took a closer look at her, she was petite and had cream blonde hair. 

"Thank you very much." I sighed out in relief. 

The people-watching moved out of the way to let me through. I followed the women into a small home. She cleared off a table to make room for the dying kid. I gently set the boy down, which caused a small whimper to escape his mouth. The woman started getting out medical supplies while I looked around her home. It was small but tidy. The house was made entirely out of wood, the cabinets, the chairs, the flooring, and more. As I was looking around I hear bottles clanking together. I turn back to her and noticed she had set out materials where the bot was. Like medicine, bandages, cloth, and a... book? She starts mixing the materials while looking at the book. She looks up when stirring and said "Hello I'm Niki." 

--NIKI'S POV--     

The prince, Wilbur, is standing right in front of me! Not only that, a kid is bleeding out in front of me. I followed along with the instructions in my book. It felt like years were passing blending together different herbs. When I finally finished I placed the mixed herbs into a brewing stand to cook. It should take only a couple of seconds. While I wait, I turn around and tend to the kid's wounds. The only severe injury he has is the blood pouring out onto the table, from his head. It looks like he hit his head on a rock with a lot of force. I start collecting the blood with a wet rag. 

While I am doing this I ask, "What happened? I mean I heard explosions." I looked up to see Prince Wilbur, he seems uncomfortable. "Ah, you don't have to answer if you don't want to prince!" I see his face go to worry, now we're both worried! 

"Sorry, Niki it's just I don't know what to say, since I don't know what happened..." 

"You don't know what happened?" 

"Yeah... when I arrived at the village..." he seemed to be having a hard time speaking. "There was no one left, but this kid." Oh, that's why. The room filled with sorrow. After what seemed like an eternity of just sitting in silence, the brewing stand bubbled. 

The healing potion was finished. I gave it to the kid, it looked like he was going to be fine. Well, by fine, I mean physically. This kid, from what the prince told me, is the only survivor. After a bit of the potion being in him, the small bruises and scratches started to heal. Soon, the big crack in the back of his head started to heal as well, though not completely. I bandaged his head and I was done. 

"Prince Wilbur, this is the most I can do for him right now." I bow to him and give him a smile.

"Thank you very much, Niki, here must I pay you." The prince's soft smile made me happy. 

I smiled, "No thank you, please you don't owe me anything!" The Prince went down to pick up the boy. I was quite curious about what was going to happen to him, but I didn't push any questions. 

Prince Wilbur waved and then left my shop, followed along with a quick "Thank you again." I heard my door shut, and sighed in relief. The boy was going to live. 

I turn back to where I healed the boy and saw something on the table. It was a bag of coins. A wealthy amount of coins. I smile and say to myself "Thank you, Prince Wilbur."         

--WILBUR'S POV--

Niki has to be one of the nicest townsfolk I've ever met. Most people would just stare, or run away. I made sure to pay Niki a nice sum for her help. I get back on my horse with the kid in my hands. This was quite a difficult task, but I did it. I don't know how long it will be till he wakes up, but when he does wake up, we can find out more about what happened in the village. Once fully on my horse, I kick, signaling for my horse to go. I pass shops and housing, much different from the sight I saw in the other village. The sight of a burned, poor and deceased village. 

It will be around 25 minutes or so till we get back to the castle. Though amidst everything that's going on, it was a peaceful night. You could clearly see the stars. I could almost make out a constellation, the big dipper maybe? While I was peacefully idling the stars, the boy shivered. It was a cold night out. The middle of winter wasn't the best time to be out this late. I wrapped my cloak around him. My thin white shirt with ruffles, coming from the neck and wrists, let the cold pierce my body. Same with the tight black pants. I mean the high boots did something for my feet. A shiver ran threw my body. 

While complaining internally about being cold, I continued to look up at the stars. I looked at my surroundings as well. When I came rushing down from the castle I didn't have time to take in the views. Now that I can, it's beautiful. The full moon glared down so I could take in all the features. The snow covering the pine trees, and the grass encased with thick white, was a sight to see. The river that I could see through the trees was icy and a soft blue. Surprisingly, while the grass was covered with snow, the wide path I was on, wasn't. I could clearly see the tan color of dirt with faded footprints. Staring back up to the sky, I think to myself, it's a pretty night if it only weren't ruined by the tragedy.                 

Words: 1459