~EIN~

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

___

𝑫𝒊𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒕𝒆 𝒗𝒐𝒏 𝒀𝒎𝒊𝒓 𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒚𝒂

The story of Ymir and Freya 

___

Grisha had heard the story many times before. His parents had told him from the day he had been born, just like any other eldian parent in Marley would of.

Yet here he sat, by a table in his cold basement, writing the exact same story to his own son. He placed the pen against the lightly crumpled paper. Fast scribbles sounded through the empty room, as he was retelling the story from his childhood.

The story was of two sisters, named Ymir and Freya. 

Freya was the firstborn, she was said to be a caring and kind-hearted soul. Legend also has it that she was the most beautiful woman to ever live. 

Grisha never really understood it. From the way she was described, she could have been every other woman on the street. Blond hair, fair skin, and blue eyes.

And he held on to that belief for a long time. Until the day he met his first wife, Dina Fritz.  She was gorgeous, in a way words couldn't describe. And to think she was only a descendant, of Freya's sister. 

He had many times heard men refer to pretty women as Freya. It didn't matter how many times the line was used, it would forever be one of the best compliments a woman could receive. being compared to someone more beautiful than an angel never got old for any of the marleyan women.

Every man ever wished to be graced with just a glimpse of Freya's beauty.

Sadly no one ever did. She was already dead and had been for 2000 years, but she would never really be forgotten. 

He had many times throughout his life thought of how anyone could have such an influence on a nation. She was even more famous and loved than the marleyan warrior that slew the titans, and freed the world from the eldian empire. 

It was easy to forget that she was directly related to Ymir, the first-ever titan holder. The girl that had made a deal with the devil and sold her soul. 

They were exact opposites, Ymir was described as cruel and evil, Freya was sympathetic and loving. But still, they held the same powers, Ymir's were hated while Freya's were praised. 

Ymir was the devil, and Freya the angel.

When her sister had been led on by the sinister devil, she sought out the world creator for something even more powerful, in order to save her sister.

By them, she was gifted the powers of mother nature. She could talk to the river and the lakes, the deers, the bunnies, the trees, and the flowers. and she could control all of them as well. Though this power could only ever protect, never harm. 

For years she used her powers to balance the chaos her sister had coursed. Every little piece of ground that had been trembled down by titans, she would build up even more beautiful than it had been before. 

This angered Ymir, and out of jealousy, she killed her sister. Freya did not fight back, her powers stopping her. 

Not wanting anyone to be hurt, she used the last of her gift to save every human from the rumbling of her sister's titan form. 

And she was killed. 

From her lifeless corpse grew a tree, so tall it stood over even Ymir's titan body. And for every eldian there would be born into the world, a new branch would emerge.

From that day on, the people treated her like a goddess. She was seen as the hero of the human race before Marley even came to power. She only ever wanted peace, and that's why she gave up her life. And for years people from all over would visit the tree, and leave offerings to Freya.

For some time there was peace, in honor of her sacrifice. 

Every soldier laid down their weapons and lived in peace. But good things never last, cause by the 13th year of being the titan power, Ymir parished as well. The powers were shared between 9 titan holders, and chaos seemed once again to take over the world.

Lifting the pen from the down right corner of the page, Grisha put it beside the notebook on his table. He neatly cleaned up after himself, and hid the notebook in the secret compartment of his drawer, before standing up from his chair and heading up to help his wife with the dinner preparations.

___

Side note

First chapter out, yeeehooo! 

If you didn't catch it, this is the Marleyan propaganda version of Ymir and Freya's story. This is not the one presented in some of the latest manga chapters. I will write that version later on when the anime has caught up.

Future Vanessa here, I'm so sorry if you read this before 08-04-2021, the amount of spelling errors makes me want to kill myself.

Hope you enjoyed:)  ~Vanessa