~ZWEI~

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 

___

𝑴𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓 

Mother nature 

___

Marie never had a father. 

Well of course there had been someone, but he had never been present in her life. She had never seen him or heard about him, he was like a ghost. 

She knew nothing of him, and her mother had forbidden her to ever ask about who he was. If she even dared, she would get a slap to the face, and the silent treatment for weeks.

Talking about that man had always been a hard topic for her mother, though Marie never knew why. In her head, she had made up her own idea of how he may have been. 

She liked to fantasize that he died, a noble death of course. Something like dying while protecting another person or giving his life up for someone else.

In fact, Marie didn't even know if he was dead, she just assumed, because of her mother's behavior.

Thinking of him being alive, was even worse than him being dead. That just meant he left her, that he didn't care, and that he had intentionally hurt her mother.

So she held on to her made-up stories, she even tried to draw him once. Thinking back to the one time her mother had referred to a man on the street as handsome.

Marie couldn't quite remember what the man looked like. But she thought that he a least would resemble her father, for her mother to find him attractive.

She remembered him being tall, towering over her and her mother. He didn't have short hair, but it wasn't long either, and his eyes were a dark grey. 

That was all she remembered, and from that image in her head, she let her small chubby fingers draw the outline of what she thought her father would look like.

The drawing was hidden under her bed, and from time to time when she felt sad. Little Marie would take the drawing out and cry while clutching it to her chest.

As she grew older, she gave up the childish fantasy about her father. She realized that if he had died bravely her mother would have let her know, and at some point, she stopped caring.

Though she could never say it still didn't affect her.

There was a lack of attention from her mother all throughout her childhood. She blamed her father for that, had he been there, they could have been happy.

Not only did she not have a father, but in some way she never really had a mother either. 

Marie did not want her own child to go through that. In the start, she didn't even want to have a child, but she had no say in the matter. The Herrmann family held royal blood, and a power too important to go to waste. 

The power of the mother titan

Marie knew she needed to bear a child in order to obtain the powers, but she never really wanted them. She did not need yet another responsibility on her shoulders.

But what choice did she have? A descendant of Freya could only bear one daughter, so there were no siblings to take on the task for her.

And when the time came, she did carry out her duty and took on the mother's power. 

The best part wasn't the powers, but what came with them. 

In her arms was a little girl. She had short golden locks, rosy cheeks, and big blue eyes.

Marie had never really found babies particularly beautiful, but after seeing her daughter she suddenly understood how other mothers felt.

○○○

Guinevere had turned five by now. 

The little girl looked at her with big eyes " how did you do that mama" she asked. 

Marie looked down at her hand, where a flower had grown " it's the power of Freya" she answered. Guinevere looked up confused "who is she?" 

" Do you remember the story about king Fritz and Ymir?" asked Marie

 "Well of course mother"

"Did I mention that Ymir had a sister?", the blue-eyed girl said she hadn't. Then Marie went on to explain the story, and the two of them sat there for hours

"What else can the powers do?"

Marie held out her hands in front of her daughter, and from them grew an apple. She then stood up, took her daughters hand, and gave her the apple "now go feed that to the horse"

Little Guinevere stood in awe for a moment, before sprinting out to the stables.

___

side note 

Just a little explanation of the mother titan 

The mother titan unlike the other titan shifters is only passed on when a woman from the Herrmann bloodline births a child. The Herrmann are descended from Freya, and since she was never eaten, the powers automatically went to her first and only child. Because she only had one child before her death, her own daughter was also limited to having only one daughter. 

This works kinda like Ymir's curse and limits the power. It can only be obtained by birthing a child, and once that child gets a child of their own, the power is automatically transferred to them.

The power cannot be passed on by someone eating the holder, and that's why it's limited to the Herrmann family 

It has the power of creation so the titan shifter can control nature and all elements, but the power cannot be used to destroy anything, or hurt anyone. Though the holder of the titan can hurt others while in their human form. 

Hope you enjoyed:)    ~Vanessa