~VIER~

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 

___

___

𝑩𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝑮𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓

Familiar faces 

___

A mild wind blew through Guinevere's hair as she finally stepped off the train arriving in Liberio. The young woman stood still on the platform for a short moment as she sucked in a big breath of fresh air, glad to be free from the tightly packed train compartment.

It didn't take long for her to find a place away from the crowd. She looked around, taking notice of how different Marley was from her home back on the island. Even after 4 years of paradis trying to catch up with modern technology, it was no lie that this country was so much more advanced than her own.

Guinevere was waiting for someone to leave since she didn't know the way to the internment zone. Of course, she could try to find her way there alone, but if she were to go anywhere else other than the internment zone, there would be massive problems. Marleyans didn't quite seem to like it when eldians wandered anywhere they weren't allowed to. 

Under other circumstances that wouldn't have been a problem. But at this point in time, Guinevere was surrounded by a large number of soldiers so there wasn't really an opening to take off the gray armband. and with that in mind, young Guinevere came to the conclusion that waiting this out wouldn't be that bad, a least not compared to getting caught taking off her armband.

Though it didn't take more than a few minutes for Guinevere to regret her decision. She was standing in the middle of the train station, surrounded by people who at least knew someone there. She felt really out of place, everyone there having someone they talked to. Guinevere couldn't even bring herself to ask someone for directions. So there she stood all alone just observing the different groups of soldiers talking amongst themselves. 

Her eyes caught on to something familiar, it was the face of a male soldier, it resembled someone she once knew. Though much more cold and mature. After looking for a moment she was sure it couldn't have been him. Yes, of course, it couldn't be, she was sure she wouldn't have to see him on this mission, that Yelena had promised. it was one of the conditions for her going to Marly, she was here to meet Zeke, and negotiate, not to see Reiner. 

After staring for some time, she let her eyes away from the man. Then she noticed the red armband hanging around his biceps. Then it hit her. It really was him. The resemblance and the sign of a marleyan warrior, that could only be him. There were 4 warriors in Marley, one of them being a woman, the other being Zeke, them the boy who inherited the jaws from Ymir and Reiner. This could only be Reiner, there was no getting around it.

Though she couldn't see much of him it was still clear that he looked very different, hence why she didn't recognize him at first. He had grown a little taller, he had also grown a little beard. It also seemed that he had lost a bit of weight since his facial structure a lot more was prominent.

At some point, she noticed that she had unconsciously stepped towards him as the space between them seemed to grow smaller. It was like a magnet pulling her closer, forcefully dragging her as she put one foot in front of the other. 

This was the reason she didn't want to meet him on the mission, she knew this would happen. she knew if she saw him, she would immediately seek him out. Maybe it was because they had a child now, but she wanted to run to him, she wanted to wrap her arms around him, to tell him about their daughter. She wanted to forgive him, beg him to come with her back to the island, she wanted him to come back home.

And as Guinevere stepped closer, she forgot about the mission, she forgot the reason why she was there in the first place. Her mind blocked out any rational thought, and she could only think about him. By now she was close enough to him that he would be able to see her if he just turned his head a little bit. It was a stupid idea, and she knew it, if he saw her, she would have blown her cover, her mission would be a big-time fail.

Yet she kept going...

___

side note

I've been rewriting this chapter for a week, and I still hate it. So I've decided to just post it and delete it from my mind so I can get on with the story. 

Also, I took a little break because I wanted to finish the manga before writing any more on this story, that's why I've been gone for some time. I did edit it a little bit here and there so If you're an old reader you might want to go through some of the old chapters. 

Hope you enjoyed:) ~Vanessa