~ZWIE~

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

___

𝒁𝒘𝒆𝒊 𝑩𝒓ü𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒏

Two brothers

___

Guinevere looked down at the little boy in front of her "since when do children go to war?!" she asked no one in particular.

He was even younger than she had been when she joined the training corps, and this war had been going on for 4 years. Gwen didn't dare imagine how long this child had been in the military with training on top of that.

"And they call us devils" she huffed out.

She knelt down to the boy, scooping his head up and placing it on her lap. Gwen had already erased any trace of her in his memories, but he was still tired and injured. She held her hand over his wounds, watching the bloodied flesh slowly close up and heal.

She had been doing this for the past few weeks. Healing eldian soldiers on the battlefield, sometimes they would even have conversations, though she always had to erase their interactions afterward.

Originally, she had come here to negotiate with the blond man, but he had been very busy with the war. So, while waiting for the right time to meet him, she had been scouting the battlefield, helping the more unfortunate eldians as best she could.

Of course, Gwen tried to help other soldiers as well, since she wasn't a part of this war, and didn't fight for one side. Still, she couldn't help favor her own people, and on top of that, they were also the only ones which memories she could control.

Her eyes looked down at the kid once again "the worst of his injuries seem to have healed" she lightly mumbled, as she let her hand comb through his hair.

"Everything will be alright, you are safe as long as I am here" she whispered to him, hoping it helped in some way, even if he wouldn't be able to remember afterward.

She studied his face, it was still youthful and innocent even through all these years of war. He reminded her a little of Reiner, her past lover.

An unintentional smile made its way to her lips. It couldn't be helped, she still loved him, even after everything he'd done.

When he first revealed his secret in front of everyone, she had been mortified. But after her pregnancy, she couldn't help but think of how life would have been, was he still there.

Watching her daughter Anna grow up didn't help much either when she looked so much like him. She was the constant reminder of what was, and what could have been.

Guinevere let out a breath "I miss you so much, Anna"

Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of explosions, the field had been quiet while she had taken care of the child. There had of course been a few shots here and there, but now it seemed to really be taking up.

Gwen was dressed in the classic marleyan military suit, with a grey armband indicating she was an eldian. It had of course been to disguise herself, but now it worked more like a target on her back.

And it worked exactly like she expected, cause not long after, she got shot right through her arm. Guinevere looked down to see, and as expected the blood began to stain her clothes around where the wound was.

"Arh, I'm not healing fast enough" she looked at her lower arm, the wound unable to heal quickly because of the bullet stuck there. Knowing her fingers wouldn't be able to get the bullet out, she brought her mouth to the bleeding wound and sucked it out, before then spitting it onto the ground.

She didn't get to dry the blood from her mouth before another shot came at her, this time planting itself in her lower back, as she bit down on her lip to avoid screaming out in pain.

She desperately wanted to move, but the child in front of her made the task difficult. He couldn't heal like she could, so she would just have to endure the pain for the time being.

Gwen had only just recovered from the shot when another came her way, this time piercing through her left shoulder. She let out an agonizing scream, as she fell over the child using her body to protect his much smaller one.

The young woman looked over her shoulder, finally finding the cause of the ongoing firestorm. It was a big group of soldiers, hurrying to safety. The majority didn't seem like they were going to make it though. 

A young blond man came running her way, she stiffened up for a second, before seeing the yellow cloth tied around his biceps. She relaxed knowing that not only were they on the same side, but she could also alter his memories, would it be necessary.

He fell to his knees beside her, while screaming out "Falco!" this seemed to wake the little boy up "huh? What's my brother doing here?!" he said, in a slightly confused tone.

The man who apparently was Falco's brother then turned to her "who are you!?" he asked, but before he could even get another phrase out, she brought her forehead to his, commanding him to "get the child to safety, and forget"

His eyes glazed over for a moment before he seemed to understand the order. He took off his helmet and placed it on his brother's head. Then he lifted the boy onto his back and ran them to safety.

Knowing the two brothers would have a slim chance at making it out alive, she got to her feet weapon in hand, ready to defend them. She loaded the rifle and then began shooting at the soldiers on the other side. One, by one she took out the people shooting their way, not giving up before knowing the two brothers had made it to safety.

___

Hope you enjoyed:)  ~Vanessa