~DREI~

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

      ___       

𝐃𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐚𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬

The day of doom

___

For 12 years Marie had been happy.

Marie was happy, all because of her daughter Guinevere. That child had been the best thing that ever happened to her. 

Days that beforehand had been boring and lifeless, were now bright and colorful. The years went by in a flash, and by now little Gwen had grown into a smart and hardworking girl.

Guinevere spent most of the days in the family garden, planting seeds or feeding the animals. 

Even now when she wasn't in possession of Freya's titan powers, she still held the characteristics of the late goddess herself.

The two of them had been working all morning, it was the time of the year where many of the edible plants in the garden would ripe.

Gwen had been early up that morning, wanting to help the servants pluck fruits for breakfast. 

The energy Guinevere had, was through the roof, and before it was even time for lunch, she had done all of her chores.

"Guinevere! come help me, will ya?"

The girl came climbing down from one of the taller trees in the garden and set in a sprint towards her mother 

"What should I do ma?" she asked with a heavy breath "go fill that bucket up, at the lake, I need something to water the plants" 

Gwen grabbed the bucket and began running down to the little lake, and she reached it within a few minutes. 

She then proceeded to walk out on a piece of wood, before placing her bucket down to collect some water.

Out of nowhere, a painful scream sounded, Gwen was terrified. It only became louder, and the girl looked frantically around her in search of where the screams came from.

Suddenly the voice began screaming her name, frantic and desperate screams of " Guinevere" sounded throughout the gardens.

Then it hit her, it wasn't just anyone screaming, it was her mother Marie. When she realized it, she started running.

She threw the bucket somewhere and began sprinting towards where she had left her mother earlier.

The screams only got louder the closer she got. By now there were tears in Guineveres eyes, scared for her mother the girl ran even faster.

As soon as she reached her mother, she could see the grown woman on her knees, tears falling down her face, cheeks red because of her crying.

Guinevere ran directly into her mother's arms "what's happening mama!?" she asked tears streaming from her eyes.

"They've breached the wall!!" Marie screamed out.

Marie was now on all fours, her legs giving out. Gwen sat down on the ground next to her mother " SOMEBODY! help us, somebody help my mother" she cried out in hopes of a servant hearing.

Then Marie looked up, directly into Guineveres eyes. The once blue orbs, slowly turned into a milky white, before again transforming into a dark brown.

She muttered some words under her breath, but "the titans are coming in" was the only words Gwen understood, then Marie screamed out.

"EREN! TAKE MIKASA AND RUN!!" 

Gwen was tightly hugging her mother, sobbing silently onto her shoulder while Marie kept on muttering short sentences. 

At some point is stoped, she then said "thank you" in a low voice.

Gwen retrieved her head from Marie's shoulder, but instead of being met with her mother's face. she was met with the brown eyes of another woman.

Out of surprise, the girl fell back on the ground, her hands meeting the earth first, and scraping against the small pieces of gravel.

Then a scream louder than any of the others came out 

"EREN!! MIKASA!!" 

"LIVE ON"

Marie had her arm out as if trying to reach for something that wasn't there.

She then brought it back to her mouth, "don't go..." she cried even harder and the tears began falling over the hand she held against her mouth, as she tried to silence her pain.

At this point, the servants had finally heard Marie's screaming, and they came running from the mansion.

Then the last agonizing scream came out, and Marie fell lifeless to the ground.

For 12 years Marie had been happy

Then the wall fell...

___

Hope you enjoyed:)   ~Vanessa