𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆|𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒔

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・⁺‧͙

the cold air of platform 9 3/4 was brisker than ever before. the voices of sad parents and overly loud first years ran through my ears. i watched in front of me waiting for the train to come, begging it would be soon. the first of september 1978, i knew
it was a year i would never forget.
my last year in Hogwarts, my last chance to be a child before the war struck, i knew it was coming soon.
how couldn't i?
my mother and father had been loyal supporters of the monster since the start. it was almost like the weather fed from my emotions, the cold air hitting harder with every melancholic thought that stroked my complicated mind.

"you did not think you could get away without saying goodbye right?" i heard from behind, i turned to see the familiar face with a soft smile, "Moony,"
i whispered pulling him into a hug. "i can not believe you were thinking leaving without saying goodbye to your favourite boys," suddenly from behind Remus, the three other notorious boys emerged. James pulled me into a great hug, Sirius then pulling me into his arms. Peter was as shy as always and just gave me a soft smile and a nod.

the four stood in front of me with huge grins holding little gift bags in their hands. i had met the group know as 'The Marauders' in my first year, which their second. when i was sorted into Gryffindor, Sirius took me under his comforting wing. myself coming from a pureblood family, i felt that i had betrayed everyone by being sorted into that house, yet i soon found it to be more of a home to me than my own with my family. Sirius and i related on many touchy subjects, both once blinded by blood supremacy and idiotic ideals. i must admit i did miss my parents love, yet i knew no love was worth the pain they wished on the innocent. the boys became my new family, all protecting me alike their own siblings, however i must admit, i had in the past had crushes on each one of them. even peter.

*flashback to first year*

"Regulus Black," Mcgonagall shouted, her voice echoed in my ears. i had got to know some people on the train, all of them so far sorted into Slytherin.
i knew that mother and father would approve of my friends i had found as of now, all daughters and sons of their own friends. especially Regulus Black, i had met him before, many times. the last i had saw him was when his mother and father came to see the man named Tom who had been staying in my home for a month or so. Tom was a strange man yet he seemed to be loved by every guest that passed through the halls of my home. he had given me a gift just before i left, a necklace with a thin golden chain, upon it resided a blood ruby. i had it on me, to scared of the man to ever lose it.
"do not worry," Regulus whispered to me before he left, the Slytherin table screamed with joy when he sat at their great table. i knew that must be my own fate. it had to be. he was so confident.

"y/n Rosier," i walked up the stairs slowly, everyone's eye glued tightly on me.
"she is one of those Rosiers right, as in sacred twenty-eight Rosier?" i heard whispers,
"Slytherin for sure," another whispered.
i looked over to Regulus who had his thumbs up.
i took my seat and closed my eyes as the hat was placed upon my head.
"a complicated mind it seems," the hat spoke, i felt myself almost losing track of what was happening. "you do not even know yourself, how do i suppose i know your house?" the hat whispered to me, luckily no one else heard or i knew i would have been getting a word from my mother. "Slytherin," i whispered. "oh you could be a Slytherin, but i see more, something deep inside, great things girl. unimaginable things,"..... "Gryffindor!" the house shouted erupting the hall with cheers. i looked to Regulus who just shook his head and turned to whisper to boy next to him. before the hat was taken from my head it whispered something peculiar,
"you will be the one to defeat him, i can see it."