𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓|𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒍

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・⁺‧͙

"the leaves look the best in this time of year don't they?" Jason pondered as we walked through the school groups. his the gold accents on his tie reflected the sun almost making him sparkle.
"i must agree," i nodded watching them dance down from the trees. "come," he smiled widely, he took my hand and dragged me over to a tree, while he was running he kept looking back to me with a grin.
we sat beside the tree and he pulled a book from his satchel, "the beauty and the beast," he read the front with a proud voice.
"is that a muggle book?" i questioned, he nodded watching my reaction with a cheeky smile.
"i have never seen one before," i was completely amazed. "tell me more, please?"
i watched as Jason nodded proudly.
"i can read it to you if you'd like?" his words excited me more than anything for the past month.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・⁺‧͙

"Some curses fade and leave nothing but the faintest mark, a tea stain on watered silk. There are those that are so malevolent that, upon defeat, explode in a fiery burst of sulfurous flames, burning everything they touch as they die. Others dissolve like morning mist in the brightness of the midday sun. Some cannot be defeated at all, but feed upon the energy spent trying to vanquish it, growing more and more potent with each failed attempt.
And then there are those ancient curses with deceptively simple antidotes that shatter like jagged shards of a vast mirror.
These curses may be broken, but never completely destroyed, sharp slivers of light distorted,"
Jason closed the book and placed it upon his lap.
i looked at him with furrowed brows and a pouted lip.
"why can we not finish it in it's entirety?" i pleaded,
he looked to me with a humoured face.
"our weekend hours are not endless y/n, we both have things to do," he smiled, i nodded with a sad smile.
he stood and granted me his hand, he pulled me up and we began to walk. we were skipping arm in arm through the quiet corridors before i heard rushed steps following us. we both turned our wands at the ready, only to find that it was Professor McGonagall.

"y/n! Dumbledore asks of the head boy and head girls immediate presence," McGonagall said running up to me. "what is wrong?" i asked with complete confusion. the professor's rush made me fear for what had to come in this meeting.
"we must go to his office now," she said pulling my arm. as she dragged me down the hall, Jason smiled and waved me off, "goodbye, Belle," he shouted referring to the book he had read before hand.

i watched as McGonagall dragged me through the halls, her feet moving faster than i'd ever seen.
"sherbet lemons," the professor spoke the password, then again rushing me into the office.
Dumbledore was pacing the room, his hands running over his head. "where is Regulus Black?" his voice was rushed and full of an angry tone. "Slughorn was finding him," McGonagall said, her voice matching his own. Regulus and Slughorn burst through the door, Black wearing his quidditch uniform, the both of them looked deeply out of breath. beads of sweat ran down Black's forehead, his lips parted as he tried to catch his breath. "spit it out Albus," the female professor said angrily. Dumbledore looked at Black and i with a now blank face, he let out a deep breath.
"Minerva, Horace, please leave, the teachers will hold a meeting tonight," Dumbledore spoke, the nodded and left without a word.

"as head boy and girl i am sure you know that you must honour this school in complete pride,"
he started to speak while not even looking at us.
"the school must evacuate all muggle born children tonight," as his words hit my ears i was taken aback.
"is it getting that bad?" i whispered, the headmaster nodded, "we must get them out safely and swiftly.
all parents have been notified and travel has been arranged. this has been planned for months yet i could not let the secret leave my close circle. i must not have any complications. this will not leave your lips. we are unsafe, they are unsafe," the professor paced around the room as i watched closely.