𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆|𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・⁺‧͙

as i opened my eyes that sunday morning i instantly felt uneasy. i sat up slowly, too scared even look around my room. something was wrong.
i just knew it internally. i finally allowed myself to look, nothing. after the day before i was bound to feel at least a little anxiety.

the pit in my stomach seemed to be endless.
i stood slowly, my wand by my side, walking to open my door. my hand touched the cold metal causing a shock in my system. before i could even pull, a force pushed it open. i quickly stepped back holding my wand forward. i snapped my head to the cause of the force, i should have known, there stood dear old Regulus Black holding a letter tight in his large hands.
he looked at me in confusion. "look like you've just seen a ghost Rosier," he chuckled stepping in without permission of any kind. i rolled my eyes at him and watched as his hands tightly gripped the paper.

"does it regard me Black?" i asked observing it more. it was a matte black envelope with a wax seal holding it together. "it regards the two of us," his voice was so ambiguous, he never told me the story straight away.
"as i am sure you know due to the recent talks at your home, Lucius Malfoy is to marry my cousin Narcissa.
we seem to have been invited to some from of an engagement party," his voice was full of confusion as his green eyes scanned the paper. "Regulus, i am sure that after my acts with your other cousin Bellatrix last night, it must be a mistake," i chuckled to myself but he shook his head. "trust me there is no mistake, it was only signed today, the owl dropped it on a table in the common room," Regulus shrugged.
it then came to my head, this would be perfect, i could get information for the order. i could do exactly what Dumbledore told me to do and infiltrate them completely.

"well then, i gladly except the invitation," i smiled, a fake smile, yet he'd never know. "really? i didn't think that they were your crowd," his humoured my response. i rolled my eyes, "do we get plus ones? i may have to bring a date" i asked, he shook his head. "invite only," he replied quickly. i nodded, watching as his hands folded the letter back up and then holding it tightly in his left hand. "when is it may i ask?" his head shot up at my question. "the weekend of our first week of christmas break," he replied with a furrowed brow.

this caused confusion in me, i wondered what he was thinking. "it must be a full weekend event, with a stay at Malfoy Manor," he then spoke diluting his furrowed brow. i wanted to opt out thinking of a whole weekend in the presence of all of those imbeciles, however i knew that opting out was not an option. "a whole weekend with you, aren't i lucky Black," i laughed sarcastically making him roll his eyes. "you and i both know you'll love it," he said cockily making me laugh.

"do you not have nothing
better to do on a sunday? talking to a blood traitor a hobby of yours now?" i asked averting the question, he placed the letter on my desk by the door and walked closer to me. he brushed past my shoulder walking to the balcony. i turned to look at him, the sunlight hitting his features just right, the soft breeze slightly blowing his hair, i was mesmerised.
"i think you have a little crush on me Rosier,"
he spoke up, then turning to lean on the balcony rail, watching me. i chuckled shaking my head. he had a stupid smile on his face.

"you think that everyone fancies you, Black," i replied but he shook his head. "Rosier you know that everyone fancies me, it's not hard to see,
but with you it's recent. you have changed, i think it's spending all of  this time, with all of this," he smiled motioning that he was the 'with all of this'. i rolled my eyes with a smile, knowing he was completely right about me changing, but it wasn't for him, in fact it was for everyone but him. "Black, just because i'm growing to tolerate your idiocy does not mean i fancy you,"
i taunted. "sweet, sweet, y/n Rosier, you have a way with words don't you. no wonder why all of the boys obsess over you," his voice was followed by a chuckle.
"i will have you know that many boys have had crushes on me," i declared, he smiled.