MY SUPERSTAR 32

I pressed again the doorbell and waited if someone will open the gate. I don't have time to wait here the whole day. I already pressed the doorbell three times but still, no one is showing up to open it. This is a waste of time. Maybe I will be back the other day. 

Sasakay na sana ako ng sasakyan ng biglang bumukas ang gate kaya lumapit ulit ako dito. 

I removed my aviator sunglasses and observed the woman in front of me. I think she's in the mid-'50s, typical Korean ajhumma -- having jet black hair, perfect curls in place, and flawless skin without any evidence of wrinkles in her face.

"Annyeonghaseyo". [Trans: Hello]

I bow down my head a bit.

She observed me from my head down to my feet. This is driving me nuts. I will not be intimidated just by the way she stares at me.

"Who are you?"

It's funny that I'm ready to talk to her in Korean but she's talking to me in English. Maybe because she knows I am a foreigner.

"I am Yuri delos Reyes, Mrs. Gwan".

Hindi ko nakitaan ng kahit anong reaksyon ang mukha niya. Siguro iniisip niya na nagkakilala na kami dati pero ang totoo, ito ang unang beses na nagkakilala kami.

"If you are from any of the foreign media outlets, I will not entertain you".

"I'm not from the media, Mrs. Gwan. I am here to talk about your son. Does it ring a bell to you?"

Napansin ko agad ang pagkabahala ng mukha niya. Gusto ko silang tanungin kung anong klaseng magulang ba sila? Kung bakit hinayaan nilang maligaw ang landas ng anak nila.

"Gwan Chung Ha"..

Mahinang usal ko.

"Come in"..

Nilakihan niya ang pagkakabukas ng gate para makapasok ako. Malawak ang bahay nila at madaming bonsai na tanim sa paligid na parang mas nagbibigay ng atraksyon sa buong kabahayan. They have a modern Korean inspired house.

"Please take a seat. I will just call my husband".

They have a modern and minimalist living room that focuses on the perfectly trimmed backyard which you will have a full access view from the inside because of the floor to a ceiling glass window. They only have minimal furnishings and a simple color combination that coordinates pleasantly with the great outdoors that makes their living room more welcoming.

Tumayo ako ng makita ko sila na papalapit na sa akin. I politely bow down my head and greeted a mid-'50s ajhussi in front of me. He is still wearing his pajama and his glasses that make him a more 'strict' looking type of authoritative parent. 

"Have a seat"..

"Thank you, Mr. Gwan". 

Hindi ko naman yata naistorbo ang pagtulog nila? It's already eight in the morning. It may seem to be early for others but for me, it's already kinda late. That's how I value my time. 

"I am Yuri Dale delos Reyes, I don't know if you know me or you already heard my name somewhere --"

"Of course. Your name is over the news recently". 

Matabang na turan sa akin ni Mr. Gwan at hindi ko nagustuhan 'yon. 

"Well, if that's the case, I think I don't need to introduce myself to you anymore. I am here to talk about your son -- Gwan Chung Ha". 

Nagkatinginan silang dalawa na parang may pinapaabot na mensahe sa isa't isa. 

"We don't have any news about him, he just disappeared one day. If you went here because he did something, I don't think we're the persons to be notified".