MY SUPERSTAR 37

[Disclaimer: This chapter contains mature scenes, explicit words, profanities, strong language, deaths, killings, and drugs that are not suitable for young readers. Please read at your own risk.]

I stood up and picked up the clothes on the floor.

I couldn't help myself but let go a deep and heavy sigh because of the frustration I felt when I saw the woman lying on the bed showing her bare chiseled shoulder, with a white comforter wrapped around her chest. Napatiim bagang ako ng makita ko ang mga litrato na nakapaskil sa pader ng kuwarto ko. Bumabangon ang galit kapag nakikita ko siya. Isa siyang pagkakamali sa buhay ko na naging dahilan kung bakit ako humantong sa ganitong buhay.

I went out on the veranda to get some fresh air. Inside my room is suffocating even though it's big, it seems like space is getting compact, I'm not claustrophobic but it changes when I'm alone in a place, I feel like I can't breathe very well and it doesn't seem right. I snatched a pack of cigarettes from my pocket and lit one. I started puffing it until I don't feel like it calms me down.

I flinched for a moment when I felt her arms around my body. She's hugging me from behind and I tried to stand still even if I can feel the heat ignites my desire because of her little kisses on my back.

"Carmi, stop it"..

"Why? Are you getting horny?"

Pilyang tanong niya sa akin. Napailing na lang ako at nilagpasan siya para pumasok sa loob ng kuwarto. Sumunod siya sa akin at isinara ang sliding door na nagkokonekta sa kuwarto ko at sa veranda.

She started untying her robe while she's staring at me with a playful smile on her lips. I know she's teasing me. Until her robe fell on the floor exposing her nakedness in front of me. I grabbed her waist and moved closer to her until there's no more space between us.

She closed her eyes thinking I would kiss her. I suddenly let go of her waist and picked up her robe on the floor and put it on her, so, she suddenly opened her eyes and was confused by what was happening.

"We have no connection other than being schemers to overthrow your ex-husband and my ex-fiance. Let's not go any further than that. I told you I don't mix pleasure with business. What happened to us last night was just the result of the two of us being drunk".

Napansin ko agad ang disappointment sa mukha niya pero hindi ko na 'yon pinansin pa. Wala akong panahon para bigyan 'yon ng kahulugan kung meron man.

"Zach, they are having the best time of their lives while here we are..suffering. We couldn't get out of this fuckin' house because we are wanted by the police. We can't even plan our next step because of the multiple charges we are facing right now! Has your plan changed? I thought you wanted to kill them? I just want to remind you that Yuri is the reason why you became a drug addict!!"

Hindi ako nakapagtimpi kaya nilapitan ko siya at sinakal.

"Will you please shut up? I might kill you sooner than they do. I told you not to interfere with my plans. If you're bored inside the house, you're free to leave but don't call me when you need my help!"

Binitawan ko siya ng pilit na niyang inaalis ang kamay ko sa leeg niya dahil nahihirapan na siyang huminga. Nanghihina siyang napasalampak sa sahig ng binitawan ko siya.

"Get dressed!"

I left the room and went straight to the basement of the house where I often stayed because this is the only place I find peace and tranquility. I saw the drug paraphernalia on the table and it was as if someone was whispering in my ear that I needed to use it again.

I have been addicted to drugs since Yuri left me. I couldn't accept it, especially when I saw how much my family was affected by what happened. My father had a heart attack and died immediately. My mother's life became miserable because she could not accept the death of my father until we could no longer take care of our business and filed for bankruptcy.