ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

This whole story has and is being re-written because I hated it. Sorry for the inconvenience of less chapters

"I do not need an assistant Scott. I am fine the way I work." I sigh as Scott tries to persuade me to have some help. So what since William went missing I've been working a whole lot harder?

"Y/n, for the past five years, you've been so busy and barely had any time for your friends. You rarely even take your lunches." He places a hand on my shoulder. "Please. Nobody else has enough training to have him. If you don't like it after a week, I'll take him."

I think for a minute, scrolling through yet another small list of complaints. Since I've been working so hard with Scott, he's decided to give me a whole office. Now I'm like a co-owner. He thinks I have potential in business more than engineering.

"Fine. I'll take him under my wing just for a week."

"Thank you so much y/n! That helps a ton! You'll be in complete control of what he does and if he does anything against you, do anything you please... Except fire him. That's my job."

"You're welcome. Oh, by the way, Ms. Swanton's coming in again today, she's really convinced we tried to poison her little Tommy."

"Great." He huffs, crossing his arms.

Scott exits my office and I reply to some customers who had bad reviews or complaints. Just as I finish up replying to the last complaint of the day, my office door opens to Alyssa and Micheal. Micheal has aged wonderfully. He looks twenty five when he's really twenty. Since both of his parents have gone. At sixteen, I officially adopted him. Alyssa is now my age, twenty seven and works at my old job at the supermarket. She hates Freddy's and says she'll never ever work here.

"Hey mom." Micheal greets me and sits in front of my desk in one of the very comfy chairs. Oh yeah, Micheal gained the habit of calling me his mother.

"Hi, you two."

"So, we were thinking and do you want to go shopping on your lunch break?" Alyssa sits on my desk, smiling.

"Sorry guys, I'm a little busy. Maybe tomorrow."

"You always say that." Micheal pouts.

"It's because I'm always busy. I promise, as soon as I get some things done, we all can go to the Fifties Diner."

"Okay," Alyssa sighs, "it was worth a shot."

"You guys won't let this go will you?" I stop my work and stare at Alyssa.

"No."

"That's what I thought." I pause. "If you go to the diner and get what you think I would like, we all can eat in here."

"Really!?" Micheal smiles, getting up.

"Yes. Then you two will leave me alone, okay?"

"Yes ma'am!" Alyssa jumps up and runs with Micheal out, without closing the door.

"Mother f-" I get up and before I shut the door, I stare at Scott talking to someone. He's pretty tall, milk chocolate hair and a plain white collared shirt. I can only see the back of him but even Scott seems intimidated. Wow. It's rare for Scott to be like that. Probably another complaining parent. We get those too much. I close the door and get back to work. A minute or two later, Scott enters followed by that man from before.

He's pale, has a tired look to him, and is lanky. He looks pretty familiar to be honest.

"Y/n." Scott smiles "I want to introduce you to your assistant."

I stand up and walk to him, sticking my hand out. "Y/n L/n"

He smiles back and shakedown my hand "Dave Miller." His smile is quite charming but I can see the reason Scott was intimidated. He's tall. Very. Tall. At least 6'5. Though he seems familiar, the name doesn't ring a single bell.

"I will leave you two to get comfortable with each other." Scott leaves, shutting the door.

"So," I start, sitting down in my chair. "Have a seat, tell me about yourself Dave."

"Oh, I'm uh- a engineer, I need a job, I'm a fast learner, I can do any task you put me to." His smooth British accent sends shivers down my spine. Come on brain! He's so familiar! Has he complained to the company?

"Sorry to ask but, have we met before?" I carefully ask, fiddling with a pen.

"Doubtful, I'm from out of town."

"Hm, okay. I look forward to working with you Dave. Here at Freddy's I must admit gets pretty busy and tiring at times. Don't tell Scott but I'm actually pretty glad to have someone to help out."

"Surely nothing I can't handle."

"Of course not, with you on the team, it'll help a lot. People have been giving the whole Freddy's franchise a bad name and we've been losing more and more workers. I just want to say thank you for applying, not many people would want too unless it was a stupid dare or soemthing.-"

"It's my pleasure! Actually, Freddy's was kind of a last resort for me but now that I know you're here, I know it was a good choice."

"What do y-" Before I can finish my question about that maybe flirtatious sentence, Micheal and Alyssa burst through the office door, Micheal on the run from Alyssa.

"Hey mom! Alyssa almost killed us in her car." Micheal pits both hands on my desk, trying to calm his breathing.

"Hey Mikey, that was fast."

"Yeah, Alyssa was going 60 miles in a 30 mile zone!"

"Well I'm sorry! I didn't want y/n to be off her lunch! We barely ever get to have lunch with her."

"That's completely fine you two. Uh- Dave, this is Micheal and Alyssa, the two I treat like my children."

"Legally I am your child." Mike chuckles, looking to save. "So, we were actually late? You're back on work?"

"See, we should've gone 70!"

"Are you trying to kill me!?"

"Guys! It's completely fine! Dave, do you want something to eat?"

"I'm okay, I had lunch on the way."

"You sure? You look starved. I can go without lunch. Mike what did you get me?"

"Same thing you always get when you go there, a small burger and a shake." He pulls them out, placing them on the desk.

"Help yourself Dave, I don't need the extra calories."

He hesitates, "Thank you." He takes it out of politeness. I don't care if he ate before coming here, that man looks like a starving homeless guy.

"What did you get Mike?" I ask, placing my pen down.

"I got just a plain burger. I'm not that hungry"

"Alyssa?"

"Oh, Mike suggested the lemon shake. He noticed I had the same kind of tastes as his dad did so he thinks I'll like it. I didn't want any food."

Micheal smiles, proud of himself, earning a light laugh from me. "I'm sorry about these two Dave. I hope you don't mind their annoying and goofy personalitys."

"It's quite amusing actually, I don't mind it at all! They remind me of my children."

Dave's amused smile makes me happy that hes a really a genuine nice guy. There's no way a sweet man such as himself can tolerate Freddy's. I hope he doesn't get too annoyed and run off because from what I've heard and seen,

He's a pretty awesome guy.

Why do I always bring William into the first chapter? Idk man, idk.