Chapter 12 - Happenings

Jack pov

I pull up to our driveway to hear Jaylen and Jonanathan screaming at the top of their lungs.
"You can just reject her you know!" Jaylen says

"Why the heck would I do that, she's my mate too Jaylen" Jonathan shots back

"It didn't seem like it today, how the fuck do you just up and go like that. You say she's your mate too but you treat her like trash!" Jaylen spits out clearly really pissed and if I don't get in these two wolves will be fight for more than just Lucy. 

"Jaylen enough!" I say as I jump in 

"You know he was wrong Jack and if this prick keeps up with this bullshit, we won't even have a mate, let alone a mother for our pups!" Jaylen shots again as Jonathan is just breathing heavy and giving his death glare. I can't believe he would do this in such a time like this, for goodness sake he is wrong and should have acted better but here he is breathing heavily. Like what the flipping f*ck. 

"Jonathan you need to calm down, what type of example are we setting for the pack?" I say as I look him straight in the eyes. 

I then turn to Jaylen, "walk it off" he needs to calm down too

Jaylen walks away giving Jonathan the it's not over yet glare. While Jonathan has yet to calm down. I decide to break it by talking about work. "How was work?" 

"It was good I guess" 

"What about the deal you were preparing for? Did you get the client?" 

"Yeah, *clears throat * I got a new client today, which will be a good investment for the company" he says looking better

The phone suddenly goes off and it's one of the guards we placed at Lucy's apartment.
"Alpha we have rouges in the area and they seem to be eyeing the Luna's apartment." My heart stops for a while as Zander takes full control by rushing out and shifting into our wolf form.
I quickly tell the others what the guard told me by link and they follow suit. 

In less than 5 minutes we are outside her door and he shifts back to human form and gives me control of our body. I rush up the stairs to find Lucy being strangled. Running over I take this punks hands off her and almost kill him till it hits me that Lucy's human, if I do that here she won't want us. I then decide to give him some punches and put him in cuffs. Jonathan and Jaylen then arrive.

"Jaylen take her home, I need to take this guy to the station" I say breathing heavily

"But.. *sniffs* won't it be *sniffs* a burden?" Lucy asks try to catch her breath

"You are never a burden" we all say in one voice 

I give Jaylen the eye of approval as I take out our strangler for further investigation in our jail.

Jaylen POV

I rush to give my darling a hug.

"He just rushed in here and" she says as she starts to sob

"Lucy we are here, you are safe" that fucker should be happy Lucy is human, cause if she wasn't, we would have had a great showdown right here. Though I know Jack knows I want in on the joyride of dealing with our strangler and man do I have plans. I am a doctor yes but in this situation all that shit goes out the fucking window. 

After some time of her sobbing, I was informed by my beta Elijah that the car was outside. We all came on foot so Elijah had to bring my car. 

"Lucy we have to go now" 

"Okay let me just get some things" 

"Cool, I will go start up the car" 

"Jaylen can you please stay here as I gather some stuff" she says completely terrified 

" yeah sure I will stay, would you like me to help you with anything?" I ask

"No it's okay just your presence is enough" 

After about 10 minutes she is done packing.
"I'm ready" she says 

"Okay" I say as I take the bag and lead her out to my car.

The drive to our place is silent, we don't say much but listen to music. I can't help thinking how that rogue got past Steff and Rudy. These guys are so hardcore that even an elephant wouldn't know what to do with them. 

I nudge her a bit "Lucy we are here" 

Her eyes widen "Jaylen you never said you guys lived in a mansion"

I chuckle a bit "this isn't a mansion, it's just a place I've lived all my life" 

"Wow it's beautiful " she says, if only she knew how this place has worn me and my brothers out. Training after training, we would find ourselves coming home to even more training.

I rush out the car to open the door for her.
"Jaylen like seriously this is huge" we walk up the stairs and she's still in shock.

Lucy POV

I'm just in awe, this house is so huge and beautiful like how would one not fall in love with it. We walk through the door and the exterior is nothing compared to the interior.

We are met by a beautiful blonde.
" Lucy this is Ruth, Elijah my best friends wife" Jaylen says, but the thing that hits me is why is she hear though it's so late for her to be here.

"Nice to meet you Lucy, Elijah told me you were coming by and he told me to help Jaylen out in case you needed something that the guys didn't have." Ruth says with a warm welcoming smile while she shakes my hand, clearing my doubts away. I get so protective in a bad way when it comes to the triplets and I hate it.

"Nice to meet you too Ruth" I tell her as I smile. 

"Okay ladies I will leave you to it, Ruth take her to the room in the far end of the hall" he says while looking at both of us. He later leaves us.

"Let me show you to your room Lucy" Ruth says, and I start to follow her up some stairs.

"I hear you are a nurse, if I may ask what sparked your love for the profession?" 

"I always liked helping people out, and felt like nursing would help me get to understand people more in ways I could help them. What about you ?" I say while looking around the hall. 

"That's amazing ,I'm a teacher, I teach classes from 1 - 3, here we are" she points at the room. She opens the door to this spacious and beautiful room. It has a chandelier in the middle and a walk in closet to the left side of the room. The bed is magical, it has a princess-like feel to it. You know the high beds with a good deal of pillows. This is too much and I definitely don't deserve this. 

"Are you sure this is the room? It's really too much for me" I say feeling so confused

"Yes Lucy, it's yours, the guys really care about you. So don't think about it." She says, with a smile

"I know but I don't deserve it really, they just met me a few weeks ago and here I am in their house like we have known each other for months." I say 

She takes my hand and looks me in the eye "Lucy we meet people all around and sometimes the people we meet make us feel like they were meant to be a part of our lives. So when you meet that person you hold onto them as much as you can cause life has no guaranty" she says looking as sincere as a dove

"Thank you Ruth, it's really a pleasure meeting a person like you" I say, surprisingly giving her a hug.

"Anyways love if there is nothing else you need I need to go" she says, cutting the hug and heading out of the room. 

"Thanks again Ruth."