chapter 33 Unbelievable

It's been weeks since Jaylen and Jonathan's quarrel. Jack really put them in their place, I have not heard any complaints nor that they fought in front of me at least.

Today I'm going back to work, after convincing the guys that I needed to work or do something else than just check the wounded at the pack clinic. They finally agreed to let me work at the hospital. I loved working at the pack clinic, with all the wounded wolves. But I got tired of seeing the same place, same people, heck even the same air was suffocating.

Conditions were given to this whole going back to work situation.

First, I was not to flirt with anyone, for the other person's sake. To my disbelief Jaylen said, if he were to find me and said person flirting, that would be the day he loses his medical license... Like what the heck don't they trust me ?

Second, I was to have a bodyguard close by and this would be one of the female wolves called Grace or Ann that work at the hospital.

Third, I was never to go to work on my own, either one of them would take me no matter the time. And certainly no night shift....

Like what can I say, a win is a win. I didn't complete school for me to not use my degree...

"Lucy, are you ready?" Cindy asks, waiting outside my bedroom door. Did I mention that she also got a job at Jonathan's company? Yeah so we are driving together.

"Cindy I will be right out."

...........................

Work hasn't been so stressful, just a bit overwhelming but confusingly good.

Getting into room 345, there is a woman who seems to be pregnant. I am to take her vitales like every other patients and that will be the end of my shift.

"So it's you they assigned to me ?"

" Excuse me, do you know me ?

"Of Course I do, you are the bitch who stole my boyfriend..."

Shocked "What do you mean by that, I don't even know who you are to begin with? I think you have me mistaken for someone else.."

"Bullshit don't you know Jonathan Blake the owner and ceo of flashcom ........

Shocked again, I take some steps back, unsure if I should be in the same room as this woman.

" Where are you running to, can't you handle the truth?" She says with this ridiculous smirk on her face.

"I....I can't be here" I reach for the door trying to get out of there she suddenly spits out

"And just so you know we will be seeing each other again, I am pregnant with his baby"

My mind goes blank at the sound of the word baby.

Didn't Jonathan say he has been waiting for me, and didn't he know about this kid? How the fuck does a man, that's been corting me not tell me he got his ex girlfriend pregnant?

With all the questions cooking up in my mind, I find myself at the main entrance. To make things worse Jaylen is free today, Jonathan is the one picking me up today.

Knowing fully well I don't want to see Jonathan. I call Jack to pick me up, which isn't a problem for him given it's his free day from work.

Thirty minutes later he arrives at the hospital, all I do is hope in and hope for this shit to be fake.

"Is there anything that's the matter ?"

"No" I kinda snap

"Okay.... If nothing is the matter, why are you on edge?"

Looking out the window and taking a deep breath "Jack, I would love to think first before I tell you anything."

"Ok.. I respect your decision"

The ride home is so silent, even the music from the radio can't be heard.

The engine suddenly comes to a halt, and Jack's phone starts to ring.

"Hi... yeah she is home already" Knowing who it might be i rush out the car slamming the door behind me. I know I might seem childish but my feelings are real about the matter.

"Lucy...Lucy"

I hear him follow me, but for the first time in a while I manage to get upstairs without him getting a hold of me.

I get into our room and lock myself in there, crying my eyes out.

I wake the next moment feeling drained and lost.

I look around and find myself tucked in the bed with Jack wrapped around me. The warmth, the care, the love I feel is indescribable.

He suddenly speaks and I realize it's not Jack but Jonathan who has wrapped his hands around me.

The rage building back up....

"LET GO OF ME!"

"What do you mean?" He asks so confused.

"I said let go of me, Jonathan! I can't stand a liar, let alone a man who leaves his kid..."

His eyes suddenly widen for a bit in shock then I guess the realization hits him. His face is full of guilt and shame.

He starts to retreat from the bed. All I feel is the urge to shoutand then it happens

" SO YOU ARE NOT EVEN GOING TO DENY THIS ???"

"WHAT THE FUCK JONATHAN?" I rush aggressively to him. " SO HOW DID YOU THINK THIS WILL PLAY OUT HUH ?"

"I definitely didn't see it playing out like this. Believe me when I say I really didn't see this coming."

I turn around from him, hitting myself in the head "How can I be so stupid to think you would be honest?"

"Fuck..