Chapter 13 - unexpected

Lucy Pov

*Knock knock*

Thinking the person at the door might be Jonathan, I take my time to open the door. Getting to the door, I turn the knob and an unknown man gets. 

"I heard some complaints about the water in the building, have you experienced this?  he asks, I notice that he doesn't have any tools that indicate he will be checking the water. 

"No I haven't and I'm on my way out so it won't be possible for you to check now, would it be okay for you to come some other time? I say hoping he will just go away cause I don't want any commotion right now.

"It will only take some minutes" he says 

"No it's okay we can take it some other time" I say will panic sinking in my core, I can't get my head around it but he isn't who he claims to be. 

"You aren't even dressed to get out yet" he says, seriously how does someone start judging another person's attire for a water problem. Anger now building I look to the umbrella standing near my door.

The moment I quickly try to pick it he picks me by the neck.
"Your boyfriend's need to be broken and this will send them a good message" I try kicking be but it's like everything I do has no effect on him. After attempts of kicking I kick him where in the nuts and suddenly he drops me. Trying caught my breath and move away from him while crawling, he gets a hold of my leg. Pulling me to him again, he takes a hold of my neck again. Squeezing hard....

***
I wake up to find myself screaming at the top of my lungs in Jack's embrace. Breathing heavily, I try to adjust to my surroundings. I see Jonathan at the door clenching his hands, while Jaylen just looks at me not knowing what to say

"It's okay Lucy, you are safe now" Jack assures me

I just breathe hard trying to catch my breath but it doesn't help. Looking at them I feel pathetic, it must be weird for them taking me in and babysitting me at the same time.

I'm taking out of my thoughts while hyperventilating by Jack who keeps calling my name. "It's okay Lucy, you are safe now" Jack assures me

My breath finally getting back to normal. Without knowing Jaylen suddenly hands me a glass of water, which I never saw him hold to begin with, but I take it feeling confused and uncertain about what I'm going to do about myself. 

"I believe it's best the doctor comes in and examines you" Jack says. 

Confused I turn my eye to Jack, he really must be thinking I've lost it now" but I.. am okay "I say or at least I try to say as I stammer between words. Trying to breathe in the air I lose as I speak Jaylen joins in the conversation, while all Jonathan does is stare. 

I'm really getting confused they are all to worried and it's scaring the life out of me. "You need to be checked Lucy, I would have done it but you know how the rules are. You are someone special to me" Jaylen says, which is true but hey he's a doctor. I don't want to go to my workplace sick and have someone check me out.

"Jaylen I'm fine it was just a nightmare" I says forcing my voice to sound normal. 

"Okay then let me at least examine you myself" Jaylen says 

"Thank you" I say smiling to him

"Really thank you so much" I say looking at all of them.

It's amazing how similar but different they all look. Now I know I'm really not okay, I'm admiring brothers.... I can't just choose one ? Or even just admire them as friends.
"It's no problem Lucy, we are just happy we could help" Jaylen says