Chapter 18 - Disbelief

Third person POV

For the first time in a long while, Lucy had a reason to run away. She always thought if she were to run for life it would be about an emergency as she was at work, either about a patient whose condition suddenly changed or about some natural disaster that had nothing to do with her.

But here she was drugging all the air she could as she ran deep into the nearest forest, trying with all her might to forget everything and anything. Cindy on the other hand was right on Lucy's tail. Running as fast as she could to catch up to her friend. Confused, she thought to herself as she ran, maybe Lucy had a logical explanation and that young man she saw, there was something in his eyes that kept calling to her. Brushing those thoughts from her mind.

"LUCY WAIT UP '' Cindy called out, not knowing what else to do, but Lucy couldn't or should we say she didn't want to hear anything around her.

"LUCY WAIT!"

Suddenly remembering about Cindy, Lucy stopped in her tracks, panic and worry washing all over her.

"LUCY!" Cindy cried out even harder, gaining Lucy's attention. Lucy ran back to her friend.

On her attempt to touch her "Are you *breathing heavily* ok?" Lucy asked knowing fully well it was wrong of her to run away from her friend like that.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ARE YOU OKAY??? YOU LEFT ME THERE, LIKE WTF Lucy??" Cindy livid about the whole situation and her friend's reaction

"I didn't mean to run" Lucy says apologetically to her friend

"No Lucy, that's just messed up, and what ticked them off ?"

"To be honest I'm not sure myself," Lucy says as she paces back and forth, "but from what I've read in my novels. We are in a fucked to situation if whatever I'm thinking is correct"

They suddenly hear Ruth call out to them "LUCY, CINDY!" They both look at a running Ruth. She seemingly looks relieved to see them standing there.

"Are you guys Okay?"

"Would you be okay with a guy rushing in the house totally shoving your friend and in a blink of an eye the same guy is having HIS LIFE SLOWLY TAKEN AWAY FROM HIM ?" Cindy in disbelief answers shocked by Ruth's question

"I'm really sorry about their behavior, everything will be explained better in the house where it's safe not safe here"

"What do you mean? everything will be explained better in the house?" Lucy asked dumbfounded by Ruth's answer

"I can't explain it to you here because to begin with it's not in my place to explain such matters with you guys"

"Ruth, with all due respect TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" Lucy commands

"I can't tell you" Ruth says as she tries to touch Lucy, as some kind of comfort, but with no avail Lucy moves away.

Lucy facepalms and then suddenly grubs Ruth by the hand to try and move away from Cindy, so that she can't hear what she wants to ask.

"Ruth be honest with me, is Jonathan my mate, like werewolf mate?"

"Lucy please it's not my place to tell you anything"

"Okay then if you won't tell me I will ask him myself" giving up on Ruth, Lucy grabs Cindy's hand heading back to the house "Come on Cindy, I need some answers and so do you!"

Ruth, feeling sorry for the ladies, just follows them back to the house in silence.

Jack POV

"What were you thinking?" I ask looking at both Jonathan and Zack

"I'm sorry Alpha" Zack replies with his head facing the floor, symbolizing submission

"It's this twat you call a beta, if he had only been aware of his surroundings. We wouldn't be here having this damn conversation!" Jonathan blots out

" That's not the only thing, you as an Alpha should know better for Goddess sake, you were supposed to be in control of your body! If Sean keeps taking over in future someone will die for no fucking reason" I blot out as well.

Jonathan stays silent, which tells me that he gets where I'm coming from. As Alphas we have a certain responsibility by staying in control at all times. Our wolves can treat our bodies like their own but they can't just take over suddenly like Sean took over. Even Zander in that moment Lucy fell on the couch had amnesia and forgot that Zack was his beta. He wanted blood and that blood would be for dead prey, but I stayed in control because that's what we are supposed to do.

Ruth suddenly links me ' Alpha we are on our way, brace yourself'

'Thank you for your help Ruth'

"Now I want you guys on your best behavior" I tell the guys

"Yeah yeah" Jonathan answers, as Zack doesn't dare to lift up his head, cause Jonathan hasn't acknowledged him yet.

I have notified Jaylen about our current situation. He's on his way, I tried to tell him we would handle it but all I got was "DAMN RIGHT YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO HANDLE THIS WITHOUT ME! I'M ON MY WAY!" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short part, but I want to try and be as consistent as possible. Please vote, comment and stay tuned <3