012. Lovey Dovey Relationships

╒══════════════════╕Chapter TwelveLovey Dovey Relationships╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Twelve
Lovey Dovey Relationships
╘══════════════════╛

     THE GAME MANUAL WAS EVERYWHERE. Tori couldn't go five minutes without seeing the Gryphons and Gargoyles manual and not only was it getting creepy, it was getting pretty annoying too. Even Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea were getting into the game but she simply stayed away from it as best as she could. They didn't seem to think of it as more than a board game with imaginary characters and quests designed for someone else's desires.

     "Everyone is playing that creepy and stupid game," she huffed as she sat with Marissa, Noah and Aiden at one of the tables in the cafeteria during lunch.

     "Oh no, not us. I'm not touching that thing with a ten foot pole and neither are the boys," Marissa said while slightly shaking her head.

     "Do you guys also think there is something going on with this game? The others don't seem to believe me and the only other people who seem to have the right idea is Sherlock and Watson," Tori sighed.

     "Don't you mean Betty and Jughead?" Aiden asked with his brows knitted together in confusion.

     "Yes, obviously I mean Betty and Jughead. Ever since those two guys were found in the woods with all that freaky stuff, Betty and Jughead were the only ones who also believed that there might be something going on with this game. Everyone else thinks I'm just overthinking it," Tori sighed.

     Hell, maybe she was overthinking it. But if she was overthinking it, then so was Marissa, Noah, Aiden, Betty and Jughead. To think for one minute that they could catch a break would be stupid on their part. Just as Tori was rubbing her eyes, Sweet Pea walked into the cafeteria and sat down next to her and pulled her closer to his side.

     "I never thought I would see the day where Sweet Pea the big bad Serpent became such a teddy bear," Marissa said with a teasing smirk causing Noah and Aiden to laugh while Sweet Pea glared at her and Tori was trying to hide the warmth in her cheeks.

     "Shut up, Marissa. I could say the same thing about you and Noah," Sweet Pea countered and Noah shrugged his shoulders.

     "He does have a point, Rissa," he said and Marissa softly smacked his shoulder with the back of her hand.

     "Oh, hush," she replied and the corner of Tori's mouth turned upward as she watched them.

     Aiden on the other hand was just rolling his eyes. "Jesus Christ, you guys are annoying with all your lovey dovey relationships," he said with a look of fake disgust.

     "Interesting. Now rewind to the part where that's our problem," Tori laughed with her arms crossed.

     "Okay, Marissa, when you told us about Tori, you told us she was nice," the Aiden said while looking at the brunette girl who simply shrugged her shoulders.