007. The Newest Member

╒══════════════════╕Chapter SevenThe Newest Member╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Seven
The Newest Member
╘══════════════════╛

     NOW THAT TORI HAD TIME TO THINK, she started to wonder if throwing a party for Marissa was the best idea. How many people were going to be there? She also wondered if FP was going to show up if word got out about a Welcome Home party for Marissa. All the possible scenarios that came to her mind but she still needed to talk to Fangs and Toni about the whole thing. By the time she was heading to her first class, Noah ran up to her and tapped her shoulder.

     "Can I help you?" she asked while they stood in the middle of the hallway.

     "I heard about this party you guys are planning to throw for Marissa and I was hoping that there was something I can do to help," he said as he shrugged one shoulder.

     "The party is actually Fangs and Toni's idea but I'm not sure it's the best idea at this point," Tori responded.

     "Why not?" Noah questioned.

     "She was gone for three months and comes back to one of her best friends being on trial for murder and he was just sent to prison not even a week ago so no, I don't think this is the best time for a party," Tori remarked as she adjusted her bag.

     "All the more reason to do it. It just might take her mind off of everything that's been happening since she got back here," the tanned boy countered.

     "This is Riverdale, Noah. Shit happens and no matter what you do, you can't change that. If you and Aiden are gonna start living here like everybody else, you better prepare yourselves for one hell of a ride because believe me, things are going to get very ugly very fast," Tori said.

     "California wasn't exactly all sunshine and rainbows either. Don't worry about us."

     "Well, if you really wanna do this, then talk to Toni and Fangs."

     "You're not coming?" Noah questioned with his eyebrows furrowed.

     "I'm gonna talk to them about it at lunch but right now, I need to find Sweet Pea before class starts," Tori replied.

     "Fair enough," Noah responded while shrugging his shoulders. He asked, "Do you know if they're gonna tell her?"

     "They only told me about the idea yesterday but haven't figured out the details yet," Tori sighed.

     "Well in that case, keep her distracted until then. See you in English?" he asked.

     The dark haired girl nodded. "Yeah."

     Noah grinned and walked off, leaving Tori by herself. She found Sweet Pea by his locker on her way to chemistry and tapped his arm.

     "How long have you been standing in this exact spot," she asked.