013. Happiest Memory

╒══════════════════╕Chapter ThirteenHappiest Memory╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Thirteen
Happiest Memory
╘══════════════════╛

     MAYBE THAT LITTLE NIGHT OUT WITH SWEET PEA AT THE DINER WAS WHAT SHE NEEDED to ease her nerves even if it was just for a little while. But now it was time to come back down to earth where everything sucked and there were so many things that just didn't make sense. At this point, the only thing that did make sense to Tori was the basic routine of going to school and then going home on a loop. At least having her friends around made things a little easier. Noah and Aiden were okay people to be around, Marissa's one eighty was starting to sink in, and Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea were playing the stupid board game but Tori and Marissa stayed as far away from it as possible, both of them having unsettling feelings about it.

     While she was at her locker, she noticed Eden a couple of lockers away from hers but avoided making eye contact. They never really spoke to each other but it was very clear to anyone with eyes that they definitely wouldn't get along even if they did interact. She didn't even realize how hard she slammed her locker shut until she felt the vibrations in her hand before walking to class. As she was on her way there, Fangs walked up next to her and nudged her arm with his own.

     "Long time, no see, Tiny. I never get tired of seeing you wear that Serpent jacket," he said with a grin and Tori rolled her eyes, although she couldn't stop the faint smile of her own.

     "Are you ever going to give up that nickname? It's getting old," she said. "Also, we literally saw each other yesterday."

     "Try saying that when you're standing next to Sweet Pea," Fangs laughed and she playfully punched his arm.

     "Not even he calls me Tiny so what exactly is your point?" she questioned.

     Fangs frowned as he looked at her. "I just miss playing around with you. When we started hanging out, things were a lot more fun. But then so much happened and it's like everyone is a completely different person," he said.

     "More like I'm a completely different person. So is Marissa. And we have two more people in our group. And someone we know is in jail. Like you said, a lot has happened between then and now," Tori replied as she swallowed the saliva gathering in her mouth. "Especially when we thought you were dead."

     "But I'm not dead," Fangs said as he shook his head.

     "If I'm being completely honest, I think everything was already falling apart for weeks but you fighting for your life was the tipping point," Tori said as she looked at her. She inhaled deeply and exhaled calmly as she kept walking.