009. La Bonne Nuit

╒══════════════════╕Chapter NineLa Bonne Nuit╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Nine
La Bonne Nuit
╘══════════════════╛

     A TOWN LIKE RIVERDALE WAS NEVER EASY TO UNDERSTAND. The incident of Ben and Dilton was still a mystery but Tori just had to focus on something else. She had to admit that Sweet Pea made a good point when he mentioned the last time she started to overthink something that was out of her control. Long story short, it did not end well and she nearly drove herself insane. If she didn't want history to repeat itself, she needed to stop thinking about it and carry on with her life.

     "What the hell do you think you're wearing?"

     Tori turned around and saw Cheryl standing next to her with her arms crossed. She pursed her lips as she sighed through her nose. She couldn't even stop at her locker without trouble finding its way to her.

     "Clothes," she said while shrugging her shoulders.

     "I'm talking about this," Cheryl said as she grabbed the sleeve of the leather jacket Tori was wearing.

     "It's a Serpent jacket. It was given to me," the dark haired girl said while closing her locker.

     "You're not a Serpent!" Cheryl retaliated.

     "Neither are you, yet here we are," Tori sighed as she started walking away. "Enjoy being bitter."

     Tori rounded the corner and found Sweet Pea leaning against the wall with his bag over his shoulder.

     "What took you so long?" he asked.

     "I had a run in with my arch nemesis," Tori sighed as they headed towards the cafeteria.

     "The Red Serpent?"

     "Is that what they're calling her?"

     "Pretty much."

     "Kill me."

     "Does she not know when to quit?" Sweet Pea asked as they joined the lunch line-up in the loud and crowded cafeteria.

     Tori laughed as she picked up a tray. "You clearly didn't learn anything the last few months you've been here at Riverdale High."

     Sweet Pea inhaled sharply. "Ouch."

     Tori smiled as the woman behind the counter gave her a small plastic bowl of poutine and a grilled chicken sandwich.