004. Scars of the Past

╒══════════════════╕Chapter FourScars of the Past╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Four
Scars of the Past
╘══════════════════╛

     LABOUR DAY WEEKEND WAS NEARLY OVER AND ARCHIE WOULD SOON HAVE TO GO BACK TO COURT. Tori wasn't sure if she wanted to be there when the judge made his final decision but the Andrews boy needed all the support he could get. She didn't even want to think about it as she tried to occupy herself while she was alone in her room with just her thoughts to keep her company. She ended up playing a Lou Bega vinyl and grabbed her phone to send a text to Sweet Pea.

     Tori:   Are you busy right now?

     She put her phone down and took off the yellow sundress, leaving her in her bathing suit. Once she was out of the bathing suit and in a clean pair of undergarments, she put the dress back on and checked her phone.

     Sweet Pea:   No.

     She typed her response and sent it to Sweet Pea.

     Tori:   Can you meet me at Sweetwater River in 20?

     It wasn't even ten minutes before her phone vibrated and the screen lit up with a new message agreeing to meet. Instead of putting her sandals back on, she put on a pair of sneakers since she was going to walk to Sweetwater River and she made sure she had her keys and phone before leaving the house for the second time that day. After going to Cheryl's pool party and then to the diner, she still had a lot of time left in the day and she didn't feel like spending hours in the house alone.

     When she got to Sweetwater River, Sweet Pea wasn't there yet so she sat under a tree while watching the river flow. The bright sun made the surface of the water shimmer like millions of diamonds and the warm summer breeze caressed her skin. She never got to truly enjoy the beauty that could be found in the world since it was always hidden beneath the unbearable cruelty that almost destroyed the beauty entirely. While looking at the river and enjoying the breeze, she also had some time to think while she was waiting for Sweet Pea to arrive. This was going to be the second time they talked all summer and she had no idea what she was going to say to him. They had already cleared up what was driving them apart in the first place but she still felt like more things needed to be said. She didn't exactly have the best reaction when he initiated the first time they talked after three months but she was unsure if he was being genuine about it. She figured if they talked again, they could clear that up as well and make sure that there was absolutely no animosity remaining below the surface.

     The sound of footsteps pulled Tori out of her thoughts and she turned around to see Sweet Pea heading over to the tree she was sitting under. When he sat down next to her, she wondered what she was going to say to him but he had already beat her to it.