010. Raging Hurricane

╒══════════════════╕Chapter TenRaging Hurricane╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Ten
Raging Hurricane
╘══════════════════╛

     TORI AND MARISSA STOOD OUTSIDE OF THE DINER and Marissa took out a cigarette and a lighter. Tori just leaned against the wall with her hands clasped behind her back as she watched other people go on with their night. She wasn't sure what was going on or why Marissa asked her to go outside with her but she figured she might as well be the one to break the silence.

     "Are you and the guys having fun?" she asked and the brunette nodded.

     "Are you having fun?" she asked as she turned her head to look at her.

     "It's going good so far. It's not as bad as I thought it would be," Tori replied with a small shrug of her shoulders.

     "Are you and Sweet Pea counting this as a date?" Marissa questioned with her arms crossed and a growing smirk on her face.

     "Yeah," Tori answered but she still wanted to know why Marissa asked her to step outside with her when she could've asked Noah. "Why did you ask me to step out here with you?"

     "You seemed like you could use a couple a minutes away from everyone else," Marissa said and Tori bit the inside of her cheek.

     Tori did want to get away from the crowd but she was mostly likely just gonna push through it and act like there wasn't a raging storm inside of her head. If she was being completely honest, her mind has been like a hurricane for months now but she wouldn't dare complain to anyone about it, not even her closest friends, not when she knew what Marissa went through in her life or that Archie was in prison for a crime he had no involvement with. Instead of voicing what was going on in her mind, she would just tell herself that there were people out there who had it ten times worse than she did so who was she to complain at the slightest mishap? But still, she wasn't having as much fun as she thought she should. Everyone else was laughing and having a good time but she seemed to be the only one who wasn't. As much as she enjoyed spending this time with Sweet Pea and her friends, it was like she didn't have it in her to be excited. She wanted to go home and just lie down under her blanket in the darkness of her room but she didn't wanna ruin this night for her friends or inconvenience them in any way.

     "Do you really think I don't know what's going on inside your head?" Marissa asked as she looked at Tori with her head slightly tilted to the side.

     "Do you really think I care?" Tori countered as she leaned her head against the wall.

     "If you're not having fun, you don't have to lie. Sweet Pea will understand and take you home in a heartbeat," Marissa said but Tori only shrugged her shoulders.