016. Jailbreak

╒══════════════════╕Chapter SixteenJailbreak╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Sixteen
Jailbreak
╘══════════════════╛

     TORI DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE, BUT SHE OVERSLEPT. She forgot to set her alarm the night before so she slept for another hour and her mother had already left for an early shift so she didn't have a ride to school. She didn't even have time to shower before throwing on a pair of sweatpants and plain t-shirt and she tripped on her bag as she was putting her hair into a ponytail. She groaned as her forehead hit the ground and rubbed the tender spot as she put her shoes on and grabbed her bag and hurried out the door. She tried to run as fast as she could but by the time she got to school, the hallways were empty so she knew that class had already started and she was late.

     When she walked in, everyone was staring at her. She was frozen in her spot when she realized that Principal Weatherbee, Mayor Lodge and sheriff Minetta were there along with the teacher.

     "So glad you could be here, Miss Alvarez," Minetta said as he looked at her with his hands on his hips. "We were just discussing the recent news of Archie Andrews' escape so have a seat."

     "Yeah," Tori replied quietly as she sat down.

     She glanced at Sweet Pea who smiled at her so slightly and she smiled back and Minetta didn't even catch it. She looked ahead as the sheriff stood at the front of the class and continued with his lecture.

     "As I was saying before you decided to join us, Archie Andrews is a murderer but we know he did not escape the prison alone. He had help. Hiding a convict or withholding information from the law is a felony offence. So, whoever had aided and abetted Archie Andrews is just as much of a criminal as he is," Minetta said as he looked at Reggie.

     He just nonchalantly slouched forward as he twiddled his pencil between his fingers. "I was busy all day, sheriff," he said with a sly smirk. "You can check my browser history if you know what I mean."

     Everyone in the class chuckled but Tori just rolled her eyes while she was picking the dead skin off her lips.

     "I don't even know who this Archie person is. And on Mondays, I host a group for teen Farmies. We're still accepting new members," Tori turned around and judging by the smile on the ginger's face, she had to guess that she was the one who just spoke up.

     "Excuse me, who the hell are you?" she questioned.

     "Evelyn Evernever. Nice to meet you," the ginger replied.

     "Yeah, now is not the time to promote your Monday meetings," Tori said as she trolled her eyes and turned around.

     "You seem a little on edge, Miss Alvarez," Minetta said as he stood in front of her desk.