008. Too Many Questions

╒══════════════════╕Chapter EightToo Many Questions╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Eight
Too Many Questions
╘══════════════════╛

     NEWS TRAVELED FAST IN A TOWN LIKE RIVERDALE. The case of Jason Blossom, the Black Hood attacks, the death of Midge Klump, and most recently, the case of Dilton Doiley and Ben Button. When Tori heard that they were found with blue lips in a place that was set up like some sort of ritual, it sent a shiver down her spine. Dilton was already pronounced dead on site and Ben later fell from a window in the hospital later that night. Unlike the case of Jason Blossom and Midge Klump, she didn't really know who Ben or Dilton were but it still shook her to the core that more kids were dead. In less than four years, four kids were dead and it made her wonder who could possibly be the next to die. As far as everyone knew, there wasn't much out of the ordinary surrounding their deaths and it was simply suicide with no strings attached.

     "I'm getting sick of this town," Tori said as she sunk into the sofa in the student lounge.

     "Do you still wanna leave after graduation?" Sweet Pea asked as he sat down next to her.

     Tori sighed deeply as she leaned her head back until she was looking at the ceiling. She remembered when she told Sweet Pea that she wanted to leave Riverdale and find a place where she could start over. That was when she felt unwanted, out of place, like she didn't belong anywhere. She wanted to find a place where she would be accepted, a place that wasn't Riverdale. That was when all she had was Cheryl and Reggie, the two people who nearly shattered every bit of light and trust she ever had. When Reggie broke up with her, she leaned on Cheryl but even the redhead started to accept her less and less. Then she met Fangs, Toni and Sweet Pea the day they transferred to Riverdale High. She got along with Toni and Fangs fairly quickly but she couldn't say the same about Sweet Pea and his hostility towards her. Even when she started to fall for him, she still felt unwanted and wished for time to pass quicker so she could leave sooner.

     She wondered how she and Sweet Pea were able to come such a long way from where they started. While he treated her with hostility and bitterness, she still treated him with grace and benevolence just like she treated the others. She still helped him, even when she was sure he hated her. She wondered when things changed for Sweet Pea, that moment in time where he stopped being so truculent.

     Now when she thought about leaving, she wasn't as sure as she was before. Her mother was in Riverdale and even after she was sure she lost the only two people who ever cared about her and accepted her, she found others who did and she found more than what she was expecting. She found friends who truly cared for her and someone who was willing to be with her, flaws and whatnot. So when she thought about leaving now, she wasn't so sure if it was her dream anymore. She looked at Sweet Pea who was staring back at her with such intensity that her words nearly got caught in her throat.