Photographs

Guy Germaine

I woke up with the bright afternoon sun shining in my face. The weight on my chest had moved so I figured she had already been awake. I sat up, rubbing my eyes when Emma walked over to me. She had what looked like a polaroid picture in her hand but I wasn't sure. She had music playing quietly on her record player.

I stood up and ruffled my fingers through my hair. I walked over to where she was hanging the polaroids on the walls and wrapped my arms around her waist,leaning my chin on her shoulder. "Woah that's cool. hey, who are those people?" I asked

Emma McNeil

"Woah that's cool. hey who are those people?" guy asked sleepily.

"Oh! so on the left is Cassidy, next to her is Noah, then me in the middle, lilac on the right of me, and on the outside is Amani. I was " the odd one out" as they called me since I was single. Cassidy and Noah just celebrated their second anniversary and lilac and Amani celebrated 8 months before I left." I cheerfully told him.

"wow, they sound really cool id like to meet them one day if that could ever happen. Noah looks pretty chill, I think we would get along" he said laughing. He was so adorable when he laughed. The way his nose scrunched up made me so happy.

"oh my god, you two totally would." I paused "Cassidy lilac and Amani want to meet you so bad. They want to meet you in person so they can basically scream about how excited they are for me even more." I said giggling.

"what about these ones? " he said pointing to my birthday collection of 15, about to be 16, polaroids. "oh those are my birthday ones, every year we take a polaroid with me and age balloons. normally id do it with my friends in the picture, but this year I think you should be in it" I curiously said, waiting for his response. "really?!" he shockingly said."yea why not!!" I cheered. "well it's your big sixteen you only get one. you don't want that by yourself?" he quickly said. "BY MYSELF?!?!?! NO WAY! I TOTALLY WANT IT WITH YOU!!!" I reassuringly squealed.

"well off topic!" he said pausing for a moment trying to think of the right words" what was Orlando like?". "OH MY GOSH!" I squealed"It was so much fun! Minnesota is so much better in my opinion though." I said so he didn't think I wanted to leave, which I didn't. I mean yea sometimes I want to go back home. Seeing all my friends again would be great but it was nice here. You don't get many fresh starts, so I was happy with it. "Orlando has Disney, sea-world, universal, and so many other cool things. why would you wanna stay?!?!" he said, shocked. " well, if I HAD stayed, I wouldn't have met you and everyone else now would I??" I smirked

We laughed and talked about the most random things for about another hour and a half. Guy's black eyes had gotten better though he refused to tell me what happened. I guessed a fight but I wasn't sure why or with who. 

I heard Caleb running down the hall when he stopped at my open door. guy was turned around looking at the record collection and Caleb ran in screaming and attacked his leg. I had never seen guy so scared. We all started laughing after guy swooped Caleb up. He really liked guy. I guess he was the 'big brother' he never got to have.

Guy carried Caleb downstairs on his shoulders. The little boy kept shouting "I'm on top of the world!!!" and giggling. We all got outside and I snatched Caleb off of his shoulders. Guy jokingly tackled me once I set Caleb down. We were all playing in the grass 'fighting' a chasing after Caleb. Soon one of the neighbors walked by and commented, "I didn't know you two had a kid! you seem awfully young for that! Anyways, Cute little family!". Guy and I looked dead into each other's eyes and started dying laughing. Caleb was sitting there confused but laughed along anyways just because we were.