- Chapter three -

Finally I had escaped the rabid world and could sleep eternally.. I know what I have done is selfish and evil, ripping the bandage off my mother's worn heart Will truly devastate her, but finally I can at least rest on this cold floor..

You got up confused to the feeling of dewy grass, your left eye was hollow and black it didn't hurt to blink but there was no need, the sound of cars coming and going wasn't too far, perhaps a highway? But what would a highway be doing here? No. What am I doing here?! You thought to yourself.

"I- I killed myself.. is there really more to life once we've been stripped from it completely? Am I in.."
"Hell."

You turned your head to look at the voice responsabile. You right eye managed to get a good look at the tall dark figure as it extended its hand to you.

"Ah what a fine lady with proper grammar and vocabulary! Now days people talk from their behinds if I do say so myself!"

I stood there, stunned. I have no other words to describe my feelings. This thing? Man hybrid of some kind of animal.. by the looks of it he seems like a deer. The man wore a red pinstriped tailcoat that was sort of torn at the hems, his dark trousers fit well along with his shiny black shoes, his hair was shoulder length with a mixture of red, orange and black sort of curly and voluptuous hair fell into place, his face was complete with a monolocale as his big bright red eyes studied me as I did him.
I wasn't afraid.. his long black claw like hand still holding mine ever so gently, the man had one feature that stood out from the rest. His high bright smile, it almost glowed in the dark it seemed.

"Excuse me miss."
"Huh..? Oh. Pardon me. Um.. you said I'm in.. hell..?"
"Why yes. It appears you are in hell my dear. Of course this is your first time, care for a small detour?"

You nodded and took your hand back from him as he folded his together. "Now if you come along please. Looks like you can use a new outfit and perhaps a shower." Looking down as his remark you noticed that your blood soaked gown didn't disappeared, no shoes on your feet just socks and a bit of tissue from your mulilated eye hung out making you a bit embarrassed besides looking at the bigger picture.
The red man took his tailcoat off and wrapped it around you as he leaned down getting a bit personal.

"Don't be afraid.. everyone down here won't care about your looks." He said in a light hearted smiley manner.

A few minutes later you both exited out of a far away forest, a huge sign illuminated by bright lights displayed the words "WELCOME TO HELL! POPULATION: OVERCROWDED!" As the walk continued the air was cold and the atmosphere was rather thin, the feeling of the grass felt nostalgic since being locked away from society before passing.

"Excuse me. Red man.. where are you taking me?"
"Mhmhah, how rude of me.. please, the name is Alastor Deern! You may call me Alastor, might I ask you what is your name dear?"

The name kept running through your mind like a record on repeat. "Alastor.. Alastor.. Alastor deern.. what a name."

"My name is Y/n.. Y/n L/n. It's a pleasure to meet you Alastor."
"Like wise, Y/n. What a lovely name for a lovely girl.. but let's continue! We mustn't dilly dally now."

You both walked down the hill and into cracked concrete littered with trash and graffiti, Alastor opened the passenger door for you and soon drive away from the darkened forest. Your face was pressed slightly against the window, admiring all the neon signs promoting clubs, liquor stores, clothing shops, drug dealers and much more, it was difficult keeping up with the busy scene and the red sky somehow made you uncomfortable, a bit overwhelmed.

"Do you see something you like?"
"I kinda like that store over there.. looks casual. Compared to everyone and everyone down here."
"Casual? Hmm. Have you already thought of wearing an eyepatch to cover up that scar?"

Your finger touched the tissue and cringed at the texture, Alastor handed you a handkerchief to clean up some of the blood. After awhile of driving out of town the car came to a halt, stepping out you were met face to face with a giant building with all kinds of things piled on top of it, the sign reading "HAZBIN HOTEL" Alastor nudged you a bit to get your attention before leading you inside this "hotel"

"Y/n, I must warn you these demons are a bit in the lunatic side.. take that as you will. Also do not be afraid."

You nodded and clung to his side as both of your stepped in, his arm connected with yours unconsciously, it just felt right. It seems like he didn't mind anyways as he held onto you as well, the lobby was empty until some footsteps could be heard coming up from the end of the hall, a pale blonde girl appeared with another girl at her side who was a bit shorter than her and had white hair and grayish skin, behind them trailed a cat hybrid thing with a top hat covering his ears as another person was behind them talking ridiculously loud, looked liked a white spider hybrid man.
You froze holding onto Alastor's arm even tighter as you stood around 5'2 while everyone seemed way taller than you, you felt like a lost child.

"Everyone! This is Y/n, a new acquaintance of mine who just arrived from above, please make her feel welcomed!"
"Hi! I'm Charlie! Princess of hell and owner of the happy- I mean Hazbin hotel it's nice to meet you. Oh- your eye.. do you need um.. a towel?"

You looked at her and nodded politely.

"Hiya toots, the names Angel Dust, well know pornstar how are ya?"
"I'm good thank you, I like your pink gloves."
"Y/n! This is Vaggie she's my girlfriend and basically second in command of this place."— Charlie hands you the towel and Vaggie smiles almost concernedly.

"It's all nice meeting you, thank you for your kind hospitality and welcoming".

Alastor walked you upstairs and into a room, it had a bed for one, a closet and desk, a nightstand and a bathroom to the side, he closed the door and openers the curtain letting the moon light shine in as he handed you a bag of products and some undergarments.

"I hope they fit, if you'd like we can go shopping tomorrow."
"Yes thank you.."
"I'll be here waiting, take your time dear."

I am not sure on how I feel about this man keeping me rather "company" the fact he does turn a blind eye considering he found me in the middle of no where and already is sort of clingy? Could I be losing my mind? Or was I just being weird about the whole situation... well, regardless of the main fact that I'm dead and in hell. Maybe some sleep should help me, beside I don't think he's that harmful.

"Looks and actions can be deceiving."

_______

SORRY FOR TYPOS
______

My apologies for taking my sweet ass time with this, I'm thinking of writing longer chapters. Lmk how y'all feel abt that.
Happy Valentine's Day
💐