- Chapter Seven -

🜏
______

"Well the poor thing didn't know what was coming honestly! He was a serial killer who needed to die." Alastor laughed into his cup of liqueur, he was lively and upbeat about reminiscing of his youth when he was living. "Mm.. what made you take matters into your own hands? Just because you kill a serial killer doesn't mean the number lowers. The amount stays the same." The corner of his smile twitched as he listened.

"Who knows, it was just fun banter I assure you.. I had no desire to be a savior to the public but fair game is fair game. I might have a slight humane moral code my dear (Y/n)" you nodded your head still picking at the venison slightly listening and soaking up his tales.

"Ah yes well that makes two of us I'm sure." Your finger itched your collar where the fabric sat from your dress, Alastor had informed you tonight's dinner called for a black tie formal attire for shits and giggles. His hand gripped the knife as he watched you play with your dinner, his demeanor was unscathed, there was no detection of any negative emotion coming from the man unless you were spying on him. He looked down at your plate then back up to your face as you looked unamused, you caught on to the silence.

"Oh forgive me Al.. it's delicious, truly, I'm just having such a hard time finding my footing here. I feel as if everything had happened very quickly. I'm sure no one will ever be ready to die and well end up here.." He sighed under his breath before fixing his face.

"Not to worry (Y/n) that is very understandable, what exactly did you think would happen?" He gets up and approaches your side of the table. You stared down at your plate before looking up at him, his eyes focused on you as his cutlery laid flat on the table. "I didn't expect an after life.. I ended my life to be swallowed by darkness. An eternity of peace.." his hands were ready to grab your plate before he spoke.

"Would you prefer if I made you something else for dinner? Can't let my guest go to bed hungry now can I? What kind of host would I be?"
"No.. no please thank you for the kind offer. Truly you're an amazing host."

Alastor sat back down continuing his meal thinking to himself. "This wretched thing dares to insult me to my face as if I haven't particularly prepared this evening to go as I please.. she still seems a bit on edge, using friendly language and over the top politeness.. perhaps I'm pushing boundaries.. perhaps I rushed in for my kill prematurely. No! Goodness gracious. Me? Alastor Deern rushing in too early to the kill? I'd die til I see the day.

You took a drink from your glass enjoying the sweet drink, your hand clammy from the condensation wetting your glass. "This is really sweet.. what is this?" Alastor's ears perked up after he took a bite from his meat. "That's just a personal made moonshine.. my father's old recipe actually. Used fresh peaches from Georgia I'd tell ya'!" As the night went on more and more times your glass had been refilled with this sweet nectar drink, the room spun slowly, records were being spun on his vinyl played lightening the mood, Alastor seemed further away from the table, your head felt heavy.

"Y..you know back when I- was alive I could have never enjoyed a drink.." the words you managed to spit out were slurred and slow, He laughed hard in his spot looking at you amused. "Well why not? You are such a delight when your only half a mind!" His staticky voice made your ears ring as you half smiled.

"Ah.. haha! Because.. I can show emotion!" You cackled loudly finishing your fourth cup for the night, your plate completely cleaned as Alastor rose from the table pouring himself another drink from his bar swinging around to the tune. You laid there in your chair taking deep breaths engaging into these new overwhelming emotions of this new found discovery.