Valentine's Day: Donut Dog

//Hi! Little author's note; the song in this chapter actually exists. You can DM me for a link if you want to hear it!//

We don't got all day
The sun's gonna fade away
So we better start looking
I need the perfect pet
My love will never forget
The gift that I'm planning

I need a dog
Gotta be strong
But not too big
You know me
I need the perfect fit

It's gotta be helpful
It's gotta know how to behave
So follow me
We don't got all day

The sun's gonna fade away
So we better start choosing
A puppy's not a joke to make
Why didn't I do this yesterday?
Now I'll be panicking

I don't know what to choose from
I'm crashing like a paper plane
What if she likes this one?
Or this one? Or this one?
I don't want this to be the first gift that she hates

Oh who am I kidding?
She likes everything I do
And I'm a fucking mess
But eh, she chose me
And I'll do my absolute best

We don't got all day
The sun's gonna fade away
So we better start choosing
I need the perfect pet
My love'll never forget
The gift that I'm gonna get

...

"Good enough" Pearl sang lastly, the last piano chord playing as Donut opened his mouth, making cute little breathing noises to show off his happiness in Pearl's arms.

"Yeah, that wasn't completely random. Singing a song for choosing a dog" Steven said sarcastically.

"Nice dog choice, P" Amethyst said, smiling.

Garnet wasn't surprised in response to Pearl's musical number, as it was very predictable. Why did she sing during every important moment during her life? Who knew. Garnet was petting the dog that was in Pearl's hands, smiling at how cute he was. This perhaps could be a new friend for Cat Steven, too! "He's cute." She said, admiring how excited Pearl was to bring him home to surprise her pink lover.

"Yeah, I think she'll love him" Pearl said in a fairly excited tone, looking at the taller fusion. She had to admit, she really didn't know why she had to panic and go full on Disney princess over a dog.

Donut wagged his tiny tail, he wasn't more than just a few months old yet he looked much bigger than the other puppies in the shelter. He was most probably gonna grow big aswell. And very similar to Volleyball, had one blinded eye, the pupil just a tint of a darker grey, while the rest of the poor eye looked greyer aswell. It was clear why people didn't want to adopt him, he almost looked like a stray dog with the scar he had. And Pearl was a tad bit disgusted of it but knew he was the best choice she could've made. The dog kept on trying to impress her throughout the whole song.

Steven sighed. "Yeah" he answered. He felt a little bad for being so angsty, this was very important to Pearl afterall. She was trying to make an impression for her first love in years.

"I'll take him, I'll take care of him, and feed him, and bathe him, and love him, and keep him in perfect position for the rest of his life" Pearl added and squished the animal in a hug. The doggo just trying to find a way to lick her face

"I think so, too," Garnet added onto what Pearl said, before petting the dog one last time. He was for sure precious! Volleyball would definitely love him, especially because they have matching eyes. Hopefully it would let her know that she wasn't broken, and flaws were a normal thing to have— even for dogs! "Do you have a name yet, or are you going to let her name him?" She asked.