Marriage Pt. 2

Let's take a look at Pearl and Steven...

As expected, the temperature was pretty warm outside. Throughout the car ride, that's what they most talked about.

Steven felt awfully nervous, which was a tad bit strange. Why was he nervous? He wasn't the one to fix whatever problem lied back at the school. It gave Pearl enough worry to ask about it, "Steven? Are you okay?" she looked at the driver, who kept his eyes straight on the road. That's how Pearl taught him! Always keep those eyes on the road unless you want to get hit by an unexpected vehicle.

"Uh-yeah. I'm fine.. I just-I guess I'm a little nervous for the school and all.." Steven explained, with a few stutters as he gripped the wheel. Even if he was talking to one of his mom role models, he stayed focused on driving.

"Why are you nervous? Do you think I can't handle it?" Pearl replied with another few questions, keeping a softer voice.

"No, I know you can. I'm just nervous, that's all. It'll be fine once we get there" Steven smiled forcingly, to reassure the Pearl next to him. But she wasn't dumb, she probably half expected him turning pink soon too. She decided to keep quiet and looked out the window on her side.

After minutes passed, they finally got to their location. And as they walked toward where the conflict was, it seemed it was in Amethyst's class. There were different gems there, sounding like they were arguing. And although they weren't many, Pearl could only make out a few words. 

"Okay, guys! That's enough!" Steven said as he walked over to the area. But it didn't seem like anyone listened, except Golden, who was there too. Steven felt ignored and sort of annoyed. Why weren't they listening to him? Ah, yeah, because he wasn't a teacher anymore. Pearl stood next to him and shot him a questioning look, to which he shrugged. Golden let out a sigh, she wanted to help out the two that were obviously here to help. She yelled, "alright! Everyone stop!!" which actually caused the argument to stop. It wasn't even as loud as Steven's, his jaw dropped in confusion. They listened to a student but not to a retired principal? How did that work?

The Quartzes looked straight at the pair, which made room for another face to come out. It was pink, and it was quite familiar.. was that..?

"Spinel?" Steven questioned. He looked very confused and even worried. What was she doing here? Wasn't she with the Diamonds? If she's here, are the Diamonds here too?

"Heyyy, Steven!!" Spinel walked through the rest of the gems, to show the rest of herself. She felt much more excited than years ago. She had a wide grin spread on her face, and had her arms dangling around. She wrapped them around Steven to hug him. But his expression showed he didn't want her to touch him at all. Pearl took a step away from Steven, she didn't want to be scooped up into any of Spinel's hugs. Not that she would, Pearl was much more reserved. She hasn't talked directly to most of her villians.

"I'm so excited to see you again, are-you-excited-to-see-me?? It's been such a long time, Stevo!" she let go of him by removing her long arms, and so he nearly fell but kept his balance.

"Uh, Spinel! It's nice to see you too.. what are you doing here?" Steven managed to ask. He didn't need any more greeting.

Spinel giggled, "what does it look like? I came here to make friends in your school!"

"I'm guessing it's not working out" Pearl muttered.

"-Buut" Spinel continued, ignoring Pearl's noises. "It made a problem. You see, not all of them like me"

"So.. that's the conflict? You just.. want to make friends?" Steven asked, actually glad that was all of it. He could finally relax his tensed up self. He thought there would be some huge problem that could've resulted in problems for the whole school.

And Pearl technically didn't even say a word, but felt proud of herself anyway.

"Yeah.. I couldn't really meet anyone new lately" Spinel explained, "they all sort of run away from me or just argue with me" she paused, "insult me" she said sadly, keeping her strange grin on. Steven thought for a bit, Spinel wanted to meet someone new. Someone that didn't know her for her past. His eyes met the ground during his dozing off session.

"What are you suggesting?" Pearl asked, Steven almost felt surprised she finally said something. He moved his head towards the Pearl and shrugged, "well, maybe we could find a gem right for her back at the temple? There are still many gems unbubbled.."

"That sounds like a good idea to me" she said, clasping her pale hands together.