Marriage

After what seemed like minutes, (but was actually probably half an hour or more), Pearl, using her braiding skills, began picking out some sides gently from the newly formed buns on her girlfriend's hair. Now her buns looked almost like flowers, and each one held by a braid. She also let small locks of her hair fall down, so it wasn't part of the hairstyle, but it looked very cute. They were on the couch, sitting up of course, as Pearl was working behind the other Pearl. Her expression was focused. It looked almost like she wasn't supposed to be bothered at all. There was a comb and a couple of cute hair pins on the table.

Volleyball patiently sat on the couch, her legs crisscrossed as she faced the front door of the beach house. She was cooperative with Pearl, moving her head each time she needed to. The two seemed to be having a casual conversation whist her girlfriend was working away on her hair, still as focused as ever. Volleyball could feel the exhilaration build up inside of her as she waited to see her new hairstyle. With how much effort and work Pearl seemed to be putting into it, it must've been at least a tad bit gorgeous! However, little did she know, it was beyond that. "Almost done yet?"

"Hmm.. yes" Pearl removed her hands off of the other Pearl's hair, looking at it just in case she missed a spot. It needed to be perfect after all. Soon, Pearl summoned a mirror off of her gem. She brought it in front of Volleyball, so she could take it and look at herself.

Volleyball closed her eyes as she heard Pearl summon the mirror— it had to be a surprise! She waited a moment before opening her eyes, and stared right into that mirror. She could feel herself falling in love with herself again. It was something new— and change was always welcome. It was something she regularly hoped for, actually. Her hair was tied up into buns once more, but this time they looked like beautifully braided roses. It was gorgeous! She placed her hand under one of the buns, doing a silly pose. "I love it," she beamed with joy, "it's so beautiful." As she spoke her voice gently cracked, and it was tainted with pure emotion. Pearl surely did a wonderful job.

Pearl smiled, "it was nothing!" she softly spoke, and chuckled. She wrapped her arms around her girlfriend gently and planted a kiss on her cheek. She held Volleyball close, rocking them a little. She loved the other Pearl to bits and pieces.

"Nothing? Psssh," Volleyball snickered, knowing it did take some time.

"It'll never be as beautiful as you are" Pearl giggled.

"Or you," Volleyball finished off Pearl's sentence, letting herself be wrapped in her arms. She felt confident for the first time since she could remember, and the new hairstyle made up for the crack on her face. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all. "Thank you, Pearl," she whispered, hugging the arms that were wrapped around her. Everything was slowly coming together.

Pearl let out a happy, and calm sigh. She felt so in love that it was even breathtaking. She hadn't felt this way in such a long time, it's as if her heart stopped working. Perhaps it was broken, but then Volleyball came and made it beat again-"Hey, Pearl and Volleyball!" Steven walked in the beach house, making Pearl's thoughts come to an end. He had his iconic, pink jacket off surprisingly. Maybe it was really hot outside.

Pearl moved away from her girlfriend, "Steven!" she exclaimed, somewhat motherly and joyfully. "Look at what I did to Volleyball's hair! What do you think? Gorgeous, isn't it?" she placed the mirror she held on the table and gestured towards the other Pearl's hair. Steven noticed the change, but now that Pearl was talking about it, it made him think that Volleyball didn't reform. It was Pearl that did the new hairstyle. The proof was on the table, after all. His eyes scanned the buns, and the braids and everything. It made him nervous that they looked like flowers, since Volleyball was pink it looked kind of like roses.. but that didn't mean it was identical. He just made that random thought.