The Puzzle

Pearl returned the sword to it's scabbard and looked at Volleyball. "Sure! I suppose I could.. but I don't quite know where to start. Is there anything special you want to know about?" Pearl asked. She did admit, wars were always a sensitive topic, but she knew how the other Pearl basically missed everything that happened. It would be best to help her catch up on all the history. Atleast, if she were in Volleyball's position, she would've wanted that. With just a movement of her index finger, the swords all fell back in the water. Now there could be more focus between the two Pearls.

Volleyball eagerly watched Pearl as she made the swords return to their original spots with just the flick of her wrist. It was admirable— well, she was, to put it more firmly. She brought herself closer to the other gem and sat down, crossing her legs perfectly. She patted the ground next to her, as if to offer the spot to Pearl. "Let's talk," she smiled.

"Well alright" Pearl flashed a little grin before sitting down carefully. She didn't usually sit there but didn't mind to do it for their talk. "What details would you like me to touch on the war first?"

"I just want to know," Volleyball paused, "what you were doing as a Pearl in a war" She looked over at her with a blank expression. "To go from a Pearl," she looked down at her own hands and clenched her fists, "to a war machine. How did you do it? I know I never could have."

Pearl had never heard anyone call her a war machine before, and she began to like the description already. Maybe she really was cooler than she was lead to believe. To keep on that feeling, she wanted to impress the other Pearl with her stories. Her expression changed into joy but with a tint of pride. "It's a long story. And of course, I had to face many stereotypes and disappointments along the way. I don't even know how many times I poofed, but I kept on practicing. I had to be the perfect knight, and I was! With time and belief, I soon became one of the most terrifying rebels Homeworld had ever seen" she explained, with a proud voice but a rather flirty one as well.

Volleyball listened intently and nodded her head, certainly becoming impressed with the other Pearl's skills and courage. She was such a fighter. How flattering. "A terrifying rebel, huh," she giggled, "sounds belligerent but also cute." She flirted back. "Impressive. You're one of the reasons we're all free. You're so brave, Pearl." She whispered, taking the other gem's hand in hers.

Pearl was indeed a very strong gem, but that didn't mean she could stop the slight blush that spread across her pale cheeks. She gripped on Volleyball's hand a little tighter and replied, "You know, a knight only exists to protect royalty. But once my assigned princess disappeared, I only felt like a soldier. Maybe one day I'll find myself a queen to protect, unless.. I already found her" she looked at Volleyball in the eye. It was clear who she was calling a queen.

Volleyball blushed and could feel her heart racing, Pearl was such a flatterer. She didn't quite know how to react, as she merely forgot what this felt like. She did miss it, though, and that was one thing she could be certain about. "Pffft," she giggled, "I'm not a queen and nowhere near comparable to one, I'm just me." Although denying it, you could tell she liked the compliment, mostly by the look of intimacy in her eye. "If anyone deserves royalty, it's you," she took Pearl's hand that she was holding closer to her face, and softly kissed it, "especially after all you've been through."

As Volleyball softly planted a kiss on her hand, Pearl felt a few tingles in her nonexistent spine. It's been a long time since she felt this way. Maybe too long, as admiring one's lips from just a simple kiss got Pearl surprised of what emotions could do to you. She was almost left speechless, but continued the conversation with a quieter tone, "I don't want to compare or think about the past right now.. and you might not be a queen in the normal world, but in my eyes, you're even more important than any rank of royalty" she offered a sweet smile.