Waffles

The sun warily shone down on the beach, the ocean calmly coming to the shore in small waves. Volleyball was walking along the shoreline, her feet making little footprints in the sand that would be soon washed away. She was holding a few books, and seemed to be making her way towards the beach house. She had just got back from Little Homeschool, and was ready to officially start her day. Sure, she could've used the warp technology, but much preferred the scenery of the walk. It was relaxing.

Once she finally made it to the beach house, she walked up the stairs, and went inside. Letting out a puff of relief, she set the books down on the coffee table. She turned around and saw Pearl and Amethyst, and it looked like they were making some weird human cuisine. "Hey, Pearl." She said.

Pearl turned around to face her girlfriend, oh how she longed to see her. "Oh hey!" she shone a joyful grin and placed a plate of some.. strange, circle-shaped sponge things on the kitchen counter. They were waffles actually, and Amethyst sat on one of the stools, licking her lips. "Yo, Pinkie!" she waved at Volleyball and looked back at the food, she took a waffle and placed the whole thing in her mouth. Without even chewing, it went down her throat. Soon letting out a happy and satisfied sigh, she looked at Pearl and said "these are amazing, P".

"I know" Pearl replied proudly. Pearl was always a great cook, it was strange since the gem never liked eating at all.

Volleyball smiled at the two, and walked over to where Pearl was standing. "Hi, Amethyst," she waved towards the gem, and cringed whenever she saw her eat a waffle whole. "What are you two doing?" She asked, looking at the plate of food Pearl had made. Her curiosity took over, and she poked at the cuisine, noticing how fluffy they were. How strange.

"Having breakfast, wanna try?" Amethyst asked, stuffing another waffle in her mouth. She was always excited to invite other gems to try eating. She could have a food buddy to spend the day with, and talk about how good it feels to eat things.

Pearl rolled her eyes, "you mean your third breakfast?"

"Whatever, it's the same thing since it's morning, right?" Amethyst turned her eyes towards the other Pearl, "wanna try it?"

"What is it?" Volleyball asked, still feeling unsettled on the thought of eating food. She's seen lots of other gems doing it, though, so it can't be all that bad, can it? She let out a laugh upon the smart remark Pearl had made, and pondered the question. "Is it good?"

"Are you kidding me right now? You're hesitating trying your girlfriend's waffles? She makes, like, the best food!" Amethyst complimented her well-known Pearl, since Pearl was all about the breakfast and easy, healthy meals. "You gotta try it!"

Pearl laughed at Amethyst's enthusiasm.

"I'm sure Pearl's 'food' tastes great, I don't need to try it to know that," Volleyball remarked, smirking towards her girlfriend. She then stared at the food and hesitated for a moment. Was she really going to try human food? Eh, what's the worst that could happen? She grabbed one of the waffles and tore off a piece, amazed at how soft it really was. Thinking about how she saw both humans and gems do it, she slowly brought it up to her mouth, and placed the piece of waffle inside. She weirdly chewed it, almost as if she had a broken jaw, and made a weird face— it was funny. She forced herself to swallow, and it actually went down pretty well. What a weird ritual! It wasn't that bad, though— one would think she was over exaggerating. "It's very sweet, and tasty," she said, "they're super cute too!"

Sweet? Cute? Tasty?

That was familiar. It reminded Pearl of her girlfriend almost immediately. "Just like you. Maybe I should call you a waffle" Pearl flirted, with a bit of a smirk.