Chapter 1: Coffee

Y/N POV

Another morning to be grateful. It has been a routine for me to drive to the coffee shop before I start my day. I am a business owner, just a new one. I ran a boutique, I have had this fascination with beautiful clothes since I was little, and a photographer by heart I discovered that just recently. I love taking photos, and luckily I have a friend who introduced me to having crash courses, so, at least I have fundamentals about it.

I want to have something of my own. Though I grew up on a comfortable life, I never, even once took advantage of it. After I graduated I started to build my own line. I used my savings to put up a business and fortunately, I can say that it is successful and still growing.

"Hi! One iced-americano. Please." I told the barista. I furrowed my eyebrows when the barista turned around, but I smiled when the barista smiled back. There was warmth in that smile.

"Good morning! And your name please?" The barista asked me. I was quiet for a bit and the barista repeated the question. Finally, I answered.

"I'm sorry. Y/N. My name is Y/N." I smiled.

"Is there anything else, Ms. Y/N?" She asked me.

"That's it." I replied.

I waited for my drinks and finally, the barista handed it.

"Thank you! Are you new here?"I just have the urge to ask her.

"You're welcome and yes. It's my first day here." She answered.

"I knew it. Actually, I used to have Adam here." I told her.

"Adam?" She replied a bit confused. She doesn't know him?

"Yeah! Adam." I told her again. But I realized perhaps..."Oh! Chengcheng?" I added.

"Oh! Okay. I knew him for Chengcheng." Finally, I used to call him Adam. We became friends. I just wondered where he is but this new barista is also pleasant to talk to.

"Dui bu qi." I apologized. She's cute with her confused state.

"It's alright." She told me. She's so bright and I can feel her beautiful aura.

"I guess, I'll see you everyday then." I said.

"Every day?" She asked again. Interesting.

"Hmmm. Except weekends though." Yeah! I don't have work on the weekends.

"Ah. You're a regular customer here."

"Yes. Anyway, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow, Xin." I told her.

"You know me?" I find it cute every time she asks questions.

"Uhmm. Your name tag says it." I replied pointing to her tag.

"Yeah, that's right." She responded and we chuckled together. Finally, I waved goodbye and left the café. This new barista is interesting. She's nice and funny at the same time. But I wonder where Chengcheng is. I hope he is fine.

***

Yay! New story. Hope you guys like this short intro. Working on the second part already! Love lots and stay safe!💙