Chapter 5: Lens

THIRD POV

A brand event was held. A photo shoot for a magazine. Y/N was invited as her brand will be used for an artist's magazine cover. Y/N doesn't have any idea who that would be, but she accepted the invitation. This is not the first time that her brand will be used for a photo shoot but it will be her first time to join the styling team, and she'll get to see how fashion photography is being done. Thanks to her great connections in the industry she has this opportunity that she gets to experience. She always dreamed of having a studio of her own since she realized her new hobby, photography, but time and energy are factors that she has to consider. Running a business is already time-consuming, and she has to give her 100% focus to it.

"Thanks for coming Y/N! I know you would love this. Let me introduce you to my team first then to the styling team." Her professional photographer friend explained some guidelines and while waiting had taught her some tips to get the best angles. The artist is expected to be there around 2 PM but the team has been there since 1 PM to make sure things are set.

"Xin Liu's here." One of the staff told the photographer. Y/N's checking something in her phone when she heard about the name. She's still not used to seeing Xin Liu, the center of The9 because she used to see Xin, the barista, almost every day. Xin Liu approached the photographer and bowed to him with her signature 90 degrees. She was also introduced to Y/N, and they smiled at each other, and bowed. Lastly, to the staff and crew of the event. Xin Liu proceeded to have her make-up done, and once finished she went straight to the photographer to know what needs to be captured in the lens. She's listening attentively, on the other side of the studio, Y/N can be seen unconsciously staring at Xin Liu. However, she was caught by the person she was staring at, and she just smiled to brush it off.

The photo shoot started and Y/N was just observing at first. She took note of how her friend commands and suggested angles to Xin Liu, while the latter followed and also added her own style. She observed how the styling team emphasized the parts of the clothing to accentuate Xin Liu's frame and lastly she checked the monitor of her images that reflect from the lens. She can't deny the fact that the artist is doing a great job and giving more than is expected. There are 5 outfits that will be used in the magazine all from Y/N's line from casual wear to suits. They are down to the last 2 outfits, and she noticed that it can be enhanced, she thought something's missing from the look. Since the first outfit she was always asked if she's satisfied with how it looks, and she's very vocal if they did great. This time the team noticed that she's not okay with that. Xin Liu, herself noticed that too and suggested what she thought is missing but still, it didn't change Y/N's look.

"I don't think it's necessary to tuck everything and her pants, that's too loose for the look. We can emphasize her legs this time at least and..." She pauses for a while unsure if her next comment will be necessary, but she envisioned the look already in her mind. She just wants to say it, if they accept it then good, if not then be it. She looks at Xin Liu who is looking at her. "...if you're comfortable, showing a little skin would be better." She continued. The stylist also agreed to Y/N upon listening to her input they are just waiting for Xin Liu to agree.

"I'm okay with it." She didn't take a minute to decide, which is good. Y/N was glad to hear that she's fine with the changes. She smiled at her and the team started to change the pants though it's still loose in the end part, still, much better than earlier. She thought she has to deal now on the upper clothing herself, the styling team is fond of leaving the other half of the suit hanging, but she wants everything to be up. Good thing the stylist seems to be unsure with the look too and looked at Y/N.

"What do you think, Y/N?" She was asked by the stylist.

"Can I do it?" She kindly asked, and the stylist happily agreed.

"Please. Go ahead." She told Y/N.

Y/N walked towards Xin Liu. There was a sudden feeling inside her that she can't describe. She was actually stunned with her beauty since the photo shoot started and being close to her this time exaggerates that feeling. She was now standing in front of her.

"May I?" She asked her softly, referring to fixing her clothes, and the latter nodded. She gently tucked the part of the suit up that is hanging, and somewhat having her fingers contact Xin Liu's skin. Xin Liu flinched a little making Y/N look up and now they are staring at each other's dark orbs.

"Did I hurt you?" Y/N asked her worriedly.

"No. I'm fine." She smiled and Y/N nodded. She fixed it and finally she was satisfied with the look.

The photo shoot ended successfully. Both parties thanked and said goodbye to each other. Another day ended for Y/N and Xin Liu. Their second meeting was great though they only had few interactions. Xin Liu can't deny the fact that her heart is happy today. Her assistant even noticed that though it's far from impossible she still look-forward to meeting Y/N again.

***