Chapter 9: Goodnight

THIRD POV

The welcome party begins with the introduction of guest speakers. It was definitely organized. The host also explained the activities that will happen during the 3-day conference. After the formal introduction there were performances from the artists and finally dinner. Right after the dinner the guests have their free time and the party begins.

"Hey, Y/N! I'll introduce you to some of my friends." Y/N went to her friend's table. She introduced Y/N to the other designers.

"Y/N, meet Zhang Guan. He is the designer of Private Policy, he is a good friend of mine."

"Pleased to meet you Mr. Zhang. I love your designs. I actually have some of your collections." Y/N told him.

"Wow! Thank you. It's great to finally meet you, Ms. Y/N. I heard a lot of good things about you." Y/N thanked him and smiled. Her friend introduced her to other designers at that table.

"Well, well, we have to go now. Let's enjoy the party then. We will see you around. I'll take Y/N with me now." Her friend said and earned pouts and chuckled from the designers.

"What was that for?" Y/N asked her friend.

"They drool more for you if we stay longer."

"You are crazy!"

"I am that's why I fell in love with Adam, right?"

"Why don't you just confess to him? You guys might be keeping your feelings for each other."

"For God's sake, Y/N! Why are you so dense? You're unbelievable."

"What do you mean?"

"Are you serious, Y/N?" Her friend noticed Y/N's confused look, so she just let it go. "Anyway, why don't we just drink tonight?" She added.

"Okay, just don't over do it." Y/N responded.

They got some cocktails and drank moderately.

Y/N has a low alcohol tolerance. She knew when to stop and decided to go back to her room after she bid goodbye to her friend.

Y/N POV

I was on my way to the elevator when I felt my head spinning. I stopped for a while and fortunately, I was the only one in the hallway. It took me some time to walk again. When I felt that I could walk again I made my way to the elevator. I was able to reach my room floor, but still a long way to my room. Wo de ma ya!

I was walking slowly just to make sure I'm not going to trip. Please don't let someone see me in this state. Guess I can't hold it any more. I just closed my eyes and was about to fall when someone supported my waist.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I know that voice.

"Yuxin." I straightened my back and looked at her. "Thank you." I added.

"Let me walk you to your room." I want to decline her offer but with my state, I won't risk it. Better to be with her than make a scene here in the hallway.

We reached my room and it would be impolite of me to just let her leave. I let her in, to say my thanks.

I sat on the couch while she was looking at me standing up. I tapped the space to let her sit, and she sat next to me.

"Thank you." I told her.

"Welcome! Mei wenti. You must drink water to wash-out the alcohol." She advised me.

"I only drink a little." I lied.

"Sure." She smiled and I chuckled. "I'll get you some water." She offered.

"It's fine. I've caused you enough trouble. I can do it." I responded.

"I insist. You might get dizzy standing up." Yuxin said. This person is so sweet. She went up and got me some water. I gladly drink it.

"Yuxin...." I called her name softly.

"Hmmm?" She replied.

"Can you..stay with me until I fall asleep?" I asked her. I waited for her answer. What am I thinking? "Never-" I was cut-off when she responded.

"Alright!" She smiled warmly. I looked at her in disbelief. Did she just agree?

"Thank you." I told her. Why do I feel like this? I'm afraid and I don't want to be alone tonight.

"Ni pale ma?" She asked me. Yes. I am scared. I nodded at her. Her smile, there is something about it. It's like an assurance for me not to be scared anymore.

I took a quick bath and once done I climbed up to bed. She saw me and followed me.

"Don't worry. I'll just stay there. Sleep well, Y/N." She told me and tucked me to sleep. I said good night to her too.

YUXIN POV

I stayed on the couch while playing something on my phone. I texted my manager that I'll go back late to my room. After just a few minutes I heard Y/N's soft snores. I hope she can have a good night's sleep.

"Gege.." Gege? Her brother? She talks in her sleep.

I looked at her from where I was, checking if she woke up, but her eyes were shut. I walked to her bed and saw her tears. She was crying in her sleep. I wonder what it was. I sat on the bed and smoothed her hair. I was quite surprised when she hugged my waist. I don't know if I'll move or not. I can't disturb her sleep. I stayed for a while thinking then I decided to lay for a bit to make us both comfortable.

She snuggled at my chest. Wo de maya! I feel a little awkward. This is the closest position I had with someone. I was frozen in this position. Might as well just try to sleep. I'll just wake up a little later. I looked at her. She's beautiful with her bare face, her tall nose and plump lips. Good night, Y/N. Sweet dreams.

THIRD POV

Yuxin woke up, and saw the clock at around 3 AM. Y/N was now sleeping on her pillow. Yuxin got up and covered Y/N with a blanket. She is now relieved that Y/N's sleeping peacefully. She said good night to her and left quietly.

---