{Chapter 2}

You're free
[POSSIBLE TRIGGERS: hallucinations, panic/panic attack, stalking behavior (at the end)]
Rewritten & edited! ✔️

The three teenagers were in their rooms, asleep in their shared room. Well, Tommy was trying to. He had been staring at the top bunk, where Tubbo slept, for so long that he had lost track. There were soft snores coming from above him, telling the blonde that his friend was sound asleep. He groaned, shutting his eyes and resting his hands on his face, nails digging into his skin. After a moment, he pulled them away, opening his eyes again and giving an annoyed expression to no one in particular.

The blonde sat up, careful of the bed above him, and stood up. He was careful of the loose and/or squeaky floorboards, not wanting to accidentally wake up either of his friends. Tommy slowly opened the door and walked out of the room, quietly closing it behind him. He started down the stairs, cringing whenever he would step on a creaky step, waiting for someone to hear him. Nothing happened each time, and each time he would continue until he was at the bottom floor. Everything was eerily quiet, which was to be expected at the dead of night.

Tommy calmly walked into the kitchen and started hunting around for a snack. He found an apple, and started eating the fruit. Not his first choice, but he wouldn't complain. The blonde hoisted himself onto the counter, legs dangling over the edge as they swayed, and continued eating. As he ate, he swore that he heard footsteps coming from outside, crunching the gravel. He shrugged, assuming it was just a Zombie or Skeleton, and tried to continue with his midnight snack. However, they only came closer to the house. Tommy's heart pounded in his chest, afraid of what, or who, it could be.

The door slowly creaked open, slicing through the silence and hurting the blonde's ears. The person in the doorway was shadowed by the blanket of darkness, the colors on them barely visible. Tommy squinted, seeing hints of green on their person. He felt his blood run cold. He looked up at the figure's face, and saw glowing green eyes staring back at him.

"Oh, hello, Tommy." He said, voice monotone.

The blonde felt like screaming and running up the stairs, but he was paralyzed. His breath came out in short pants, like he had run a mile nonstop; like how he did in Exile. But he wasn't in Exile... was he? His mind couldn't tell the difference, only seeing Dream standing in the doorway, holding a stick of TNT in his hand to destroy everything he had worked for.

He cocked his head to the side, like he was confused. Tommy knew better. He started approaching him, the shadows not lifting from his person. He could barely hear him asking what was wrong, and the boy jumped off the counter to try and escape him, but he only moved closer. He looked back, seeing a dagger on the counter with a metallic dark purple sheath. It was Ranboo's. He always puts his things in the strangest places and forgets about them.

"Stay the fuck back! I-I have a weapon!" The blonde yelled, picking up the small weapon and unsheathing it, pointing it at Dream.

He froze in place, seeing the enchanted diamond dagger. He slowly raised his hands up to show he wouldn't hurt Tommy. He knew it was bullshit.

"Tommy... Toms, I won't hurt you. It's me, Sam." The man said, voice soft to calm the boy.

The blonde could almost see the Creeper hybrid through the dark, but he refused to think it was him. It has to be Dream. It is Dream! He's here to kill him! He killed Sam!

"Bull-bullshit!" He yelled, voice growing louder, "You... you killed him! You killed Sam! You're here to kill me!

"Tommy, please, I- Sam's not dead. He's safe." Dream said.