{They're just Children! - Chapter 7}

I'm such a dumbass

[TW // GENERAL PANIC (this is basically in every chapter)]

Tommy awoke late in the morning to nothing in particular. He slowly sat up, rubbing his tired eyes with one hand. Once he vision adjusted to the bright light filtering in, he saw his and Tubbo's bedroom. How did he get back here? Was the campout just a dream? Tommy looked down at his right hand, where the arrow in his supposed dream had pierced it, and stared at the bandage over it. The events came back to him in a huge wave, and he realized a terrifying fact.

Dream knew where they are.  

He quickly stood up, shakily running out of the room and downstairs. When he ran into the living room, where everyone was sitting and talking with Sam, their gazes shot up to him.

"Woah, Tommy," Puffy said, standing up and walking over to the shaking teen, "What's wrong?"

"D-Dream, he's out! He escaped! H-he's coming for us!" Tommy yelled, his breathing becoming uneven.

"Toms, breathe," The sheep hybrid said, hugging the strawberry-blonde.

He tightly hugged the female back, controlling his breathing.

"We already know," Tubbo informed, looking at the ground.

Tommy looked up, seeing the three now looking solemn. He noticed the bandages on the creeper hybrid's skin, and he looked less tired. 

"Dream somehow knew where you were. I found out and was able to follow Bad here," Sam spoke.

"He knew because-," Tommy swallowed thickly, "...because he followed me,"

Everyone fell silent. Tommy hid his face in Puffy's shoulder, trying to hide his fear.

"Tommy, are you saying that nightmare was... real?" Tubbo asked.

The strawberry-blonde nodded.

"What?" Puffy asked.

"When we stopped in that birch forest, I went away from the camp at night. I... I saw Dream. He said that he wasn't real, and just poofed. I actually believed him," Tommy explained.

He pulled away from Puffy, his head bent over to hide his face. After a moment, he looked up at everyone, showing the tears in his eyes.

"I'm such a dumbass,"